Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin motor setup  (Read 2790 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Twin motor setup
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 07:22:51 am »

Hi all, the esc has a small black switch that I use to turn it on and off so I assume that is the BEC.

Looks aexactly the same as the esc that Martin is using in his logging tug build.  Just have to point out that the power connections are all 2 pin and ou can buy ready made male and female connectors to match.

Regards
Roy.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 07:36:35 am »

I can confirm that these ESCs ( and similar ones) do have a BEC. Whether that would work from a 1S LiPo I can't say. If there is a switch on the circuit board, this controls the brake. The switch on the flying lead controls power to the ESC and, as far as I can detect, completely isolates the battery when off.
I have used an number of these and similar, but never expected them to handle more than an amp or two ;)

Barrie

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 07:40:35 am »

Hi I specifically look for the esc units without the brake.  I did not know there was a switch on the pcb that controls it.  Is that on your one? 

They do a very similar unit with brake sold as a 20 amp version.

Roy

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 08:37:02 am »

Yes  Roy - I have several of these in slightly different versions 10 amp and 20 amp with and without brake. You can't always get the no brake fwd and Reverse.
I've just found a similarly priced Marine Brushless ESC. Not water cooled, but with forward and reverse and no brake. Claimed 30 amps %)
For the amount my models get sailed I see no point in spending more money. If I was building and sailing fast or heavy models, then I would look elsewhere for my ESCs

Barrie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.