Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What next a Yacht ?  (Read 2516 times)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What next a Yacht ?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 08:00:45 pm »

Yeah Roy, I figured there would be problems with converting the Dragen, I thought too much hassle.  {:-{  The Bluebottle is way over the top rigging wise for what I want to do.

Joe

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 09:13:46 am »

That's frustrating Joe. I see it's out of stock on Andy's link now, must be a popular model.

I've bought loads off Amazon as well. Only once had a problem with a supplier and a refund was made pretty quickly.

Recently bought a stern-drive from Germany and that arrived quicker than some of the stuff from UK suppliers!

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 09:47:50 am »

Yeah I've noticed a great number of items marked as out of stock or temporarily unavailable at a lot of suppliers, we all know the reason but it annoys me when a supplier gets sloppy and don't keep their web site up to date so in good faith you order something they just don't actually have and then don't even let you know, I have a black list of suppliers I won't deal with and now there is another one on said list.  <*<  I've also noticed some suppliers are hiking their prices, one  put a Bella up by £70 and I've seen a Bellisima for £337 and that's without the keel torpedo.

Oh yeah Chris the reason the one on Andy's post is out of stock is It's hopefully on it's way to me, I saw there was just one and thought I'd take a chance, I'm not knocking Amazon I know they deliver millions of parcels every day but in volume comes mistakes and this has happened to me before yes I did eventually get a refund for nondelivery but it dose put you off.

Joe

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 10:03:54 am »

Hi Joe sent you a PM.
Roy

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 03:52:03 pm »

Fingers crossed then Joe.

Looking forward to another one of your builds.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 04:03:41 pm »

Rest assured Joe if it does not arrive Amazon will refund you.
My Lathe came all the way from Barcelona
I had a faulty item from Germany and sent it back at their expense all on Amazon.

I echo others in wanting to see you build it  O0
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 04:41:58 pm »

Thanks guys, things are looking good I got a email from the supplier in France confirming dispatch with full tracking and even with the £14 postage it's still cheaper than the one I've just cancelled, if all goes well it will go a long way to restore my faith in Amazon.
I have a lot of mods in mind during the build so it may start off as a beginners kit but certainly won't be bog standard.  ok2

Joe

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 02:28:50 pm »

Well the Bella kit arrived this morning just four days, however it looks to have had some rough handling, the outer box had a split in it and the keel weights had burst out of the kit box and the weights looked like they had been dropped on concrete or similar and were bent with rough indentations probably someone had stuffed them back in the hole in the outer box, when I first opened the kit I thought the keel weights were missing but then I found them in the outer box, To my great relief the rest of the kit was undamaged and complete, I have already straitened the weights and hammered out the drop damage, these will get some more fettling later in the build as one of the many mods planned. if anyone is interested I'll be starting a build log of Bella as I like to look back on my builds sometimes and remember how I did things.  ok2

Joe

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2020, 02:55:04 pm »

Interest brewing up nicely Joe - a new thread would be great.

Regards,
Ray.

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2020, 08:08:12 pm »

Be interesting to see where this goes

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 05:44:51 pm »

You should at least report this to Amazon even if only for feedback
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 06:01:49 pm »

Hi Andy yeah I plan on doing just that, the loose keel weights originally just wrapped in a piece of bubble wrap could have wrecked the whole kit, especially with the rough handling it had obviously had, the weights for Bellisima are sold separately probably a good idea. {:-{

Joe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.