Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SENILE< MOI ?  (Read 1277 times)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
SENILE< MOI ?
« on: August 05, 2020, 04:43:25 pm »

Been having some hassle with my office printer.  Realised after a while it was only printing B&W or in greyscale would not print in colour.  Tried Googling the problem and followed all the possible causes suggested there.  Spent a lot of time going through all the settings on the printer and found loads of features I did not know I had but nothing on mono only printing . Went through all the settings on the PC but everything was in order and set at default . Eventually on the point of giving up and resigning myself to being a black and white person only when I thought to look at the cartridge which I changed a while back and was still showing full, yes you've guessed it , I had not removed the pull off seal from the jet..  >>:-(
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: SENILE< MOI ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 04:51:45 pm »

{-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %%

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:49:23 pm »

A little while back I sat down at my computer and when I opened the browser it proceeded to open every website in the favourites list, each one in a separate tab. After closing each one separately I tried again and the same thing happened.  I spent the next hour going through the onboard help menus and looking online to see what it was that I'd reset that made it do this. no luck.  I was considering pouring my coffee into the computer and claiming a new one of the house insurance when I realised it had stopped doing it.  The reason, I'd moved the coffee cup..  When I put the mug down next to the keyboard the handle had been holding down the Control key, which causes all the websites in the favourite list to open in separate tabs.  A perfect example of Occam's Razor.  The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:50:35 pm »

Yes I have had my moments too.  I found my printer (HP5640) uses colour inks when printing black! 

I rarely print colour and it was running out with the black.  I found an advanced setting to turn off the colour, which is what I do now.  Just hope I can remember how to turn it back on again!
Roy

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 09:38:32 pm »

Anybody ever plugged a USB lead into a printer and into the PC to later find out that they were the ends of two different leads?
Asking for a friend.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 12:02:11 am »

Yes I have had my moments too.  I found my printer (HP5640) uses colour inks when printing black! 

I rarely print colour and it was running out with the black.  I found an advanced setting to turn off the colour, which is what I do now.  Just hope I can remember how to turn it back on again!
Roy

Interesting as I can not seem to get my HP 5540 to print in colour unless it is a scan !!, and yes the protective tape is taken off..

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 07:15:08 am »

Interesting as I can not seem to get my HP 5540 to print in colour unless it is a scan !!, and yes the protective tape is taken off..
Sounds like you have missed an option somewhere.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 10:00:08 am »

Hi tug, try this but just to confirm I am using Windows 10.

Press CTR + P then select the printer then scroll down to where it says colour or if it says black and white open up choice and select colour.
Might work and if it does perhaps my sanity is being restored!
Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.