Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sloop Emma  (Read 1864 times)

neverupright

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Sloop Emma
« on: August 05, 2020, 08:43:00 pm »

Hi all

following on from my which yacht from plan, I have now purchased Sloop Emma plans. At the moment just down loaded them onto memory stick and will be finding a printer over the next couple of days. Joined through Bearospace, a thread dedicated to Emma, lot of useful information and a lot I don't understand, so expect a lot of questions from me. This will not be a quick build, and a lot to learn along the way, but defiantly looking forward to it.

Cheers
Carl

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sloop Emma
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 09:57:54 pm »

I  suggest that you should join this forum:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2990671-Bearospace-Sloop-EMMA&perpage=50

There are lots of builders there who will have solved any problems that you might have.

As I have previously posted here the original model of this series was Irene and there is a very large forum topic that also provided much of the information that helped other Emma builders.https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2550991-Bearospace-schooner-Irene&perpage=50

neverupright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 08:04:35 pm »

Hi Tug Fanatic

just reread my post, not very clear. the rcgroups forum is the one I have been reading.

Cheers
Carl

neverupright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 08:38:48 pm »

Hi all

quick update, got my plans printed well almost, being a true Yorkshire man, thought I'd only get the pages that were required to be full size printed, the rest I can print off in A4 at home, so far so good. Slight problem I told the printers page 10 and 11, it should have been 11 and 12, didn't realise till I got home, back to the printers next week. Got my plywood today from the lovely B&Q, instructions say 3mm required, in B&Q thinnest is 3.6mm, but when I measured it, it is actually 3.2mm according to the Emma forum, this is OK.

Cheers
Carl

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 11:46:32 am »

Haven't done a scratch build in over a decade & just got plans today for both Emma & Emma. I plan to dive deep into Emma in the coming days once my printer reopens after the CNY holiday & will save the schooner for later this spring.

After reading over the RCG build threads & watching Gary's excellent video tutorials, I've gone over the plans received earlier today & certainly don't see anything out of the ordinary. Its a very KISS build that is as simple as it can get.

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.