Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st build hydroplane, sizing motor / propshaft etc  (Read 1673 times)

Cadvice

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
1st build hydroplane, sizing motor / propshaft etc
« on: August 10, 2020, 08:48:20 pm »

hi newbie here hoping someone can help me.
so i decided as a nice little side project while off work id build a mini hydro plane 250mm long
it's the oh boy oberto except it's going to be a 3d printed hull.
so Ive built the hull exactly to the open source design that's available online built each section combined them together and skinned over the top as you would with a stitch and tape plywood design (see image).
now before i print the design i want to buy the running gear so i can build the motor/servo's/battery/speed controller etc brackets/fixtures into the design and 3d print it all as one.
can someone suggest what size motor battery prop shaft etc i should buy?
yes there is no top at the moment I'll design that after i have a idea of the room taken up by the running gear.
Thanks ian

Fastelectrics

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 1st build hydroplane, sizing motor / propshaft etc
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 10:33:23 pm »

What are the overall dimensions of the hull? This will dictate the weight and size of the batteries + motor that the boat can carry.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1st build hydroplane, sizing motor / propshaft etc
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:22:58 am »

Just look at what spares are available for similar size boats like the Fei Lun FT009.

https://www.banggood.com/Feilun-FT009-Boat-Spare-Parts-Tail-Propeller-FT009-12-p-914721.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN
There are other similar size fast boats, might well be spares available for them as well.  Who knows, somebody on here might have one that they can measure.  Might even be somebody with a similar size cat.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.