Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ia 63 Pampa  (Read 866 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Ia 63 Pampa
« on: August 11, 2020, 12:26:57 pm »

Having managed to buy a small assortment of depron, I decided I would like to build this model, it is a free flight design but should adapt to micro rc well. I just need to figure out where to position the board. As it is a profile design, the battery may be quite visible. I decided to make side cheeks from 9mm depron, to give the impression of intakes and exhaust. The cheeks have been hollowed out using tx aerial section. These cheeks also support the wing a lot better than the 6mm profile fuselage alone. Wing and tailplane are 2mm depron. Bright paint is revell 332. Paint looks like it needs another coat but might push weight up too much.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ia 63 Pampa
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 12:22:27 am »

Where the radio board is going, similar way as flying brian is getting, if I am real lucky, the battery may sit inside the duct, but probably not, I might have to cut it into the nose and tape over it then paint it. Will see once my boards arrive.
Weight not bad, think I need to give it another coat of paint, will see what that adds.
And lastly, my fibreglass tape 'spar', works fine on the micro jet, it's a 3mm wing tho, will give it a go, feels bendy, but up to it. Lol.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 02:43:15 pm »

I gave the Pampa a second coat of paint, it has turned it from pinkish to dayglo red. The paint was quite thick, and smelled different to normal enamels, so I wasnt sure if it would thin ok with white spirit. As I had used quite a bit of the tin on first coat and then a second coat on the wing, I mixed in some white spirit with no problems. The fuselage has now been given a second coat as well. I will weigh the plane again to see how much the paint has added. The Pampa is shown with the Micro Jet for size comparison.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 07:34:34 pm »

Well, 2 coats of paint weighs almost exactly 2 grams. Well worth it for a nice bright model. Should still fly ok, the micro jet copes with it's extra paint weight so I don't see it being a problem. Wish my boards would hurry up and get here. Lol. Possibly still over a month to go yet.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 01:16:20 am »

This one has been cut out for the board and pushrods made up. Its also had the motor fitted. As I used this board to set up Flying Brian and then the T38, which it is staying in for flight testing, I need more boards to arrive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.