Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountfleet Osprey electronics question  (Read 1201 times)

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
Mountfleet Osprey electronics question
« on: August 13, 2020, 10:42:44 pm »

Hi all,
It's been a while since being on here.......life and other projects take over!

I've just purchased a Mountfleet Osprey and will hopefully be winging its way to me over the course of the next seven days.

Question:
Which motor would suit this, I'm thinking possibly a Torpedo 500 6:1 geared (12v supply).

I would like to use AcTion electronics in the boat. Would like to have a smoke unit, steam engine sound, steam whistle, switchable lights etc.......I've perused the wiring diagrams on AcTion site but can't find one to suit......some are close but might not have the lights or one might not have the smoke unit and then I get confused dot com and get wandering mind syndrome!!

Has anyone done a Osprey or Danny boy with a similar electrical set up that I would like have.

If so has any one got a diagram i can copy etc or some recommendations.

Thanks to all in advance.

Dave.
Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mountfleet Osprey electronics question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 10:09:36 am »

Hi Dave pm sent to you. You need to break down each function you wish to install. Action wiring diagrams are fine any deviations can soon be accommodated In the Action drawings. In terms of the motor I may have a
M F A belt drive this would be better than direct drive option hope to hear from you.

Stan :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 03:08:25 pm »

Hello Dave
I picked up an Osprey from E-Bay about a year ago. It was completed up to the deck with rudder and prop fitted. I fitted a Mabuchi 555 motor and an Action P80 ESC. It is fitted with a 4 blade 50 mm prop and the electrics run off an Action P107 power distribution board. Fitted with a 12V 7 A/Hr battery it weighs in at 8 Kg. If you fit the Action P107 and deal with all the extra's one at a time it should be fairly simple.

Originally it was fitted with (I think) a 3 blade 65 mm prop but after a small grounding mishap I lost that one! The prop has been recovered but I have yet to get it back and also have not actually sailed it with the smaller prop. Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Yours
John

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 03:28:15 pm »

Hi The recommended motor for this model is the M F A 800  giving a rpm of around 5000 no load speed. It also is a high torque motor ideal for the big prop  on this model.I agree the rest of the items will need some thought and planning before fitting.Wiring digrams are OK by sometimes you have deviate from them. I have also started using a modern terminal block so much so all my choc blocks have gone in the bin. The MFA motor stalls at 26 amps at 12 volts.

Stan. This electric is puzzling  {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ not really. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.