Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening up..  (Read 755 times)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Opening up..
« on: August 14, 2020, 09:22:04 pm »

Hi
Just wondered if any clubs you belong to with a club house or club building has opened up yet, and if so what sort of precautions have been taken. :police:

NickelBelter

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Opening up..
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:33:09 am »

The Winnipeg club is having meetings with spaced out seating and a sort of we'd-love-you-to-come-but-if-you-don't-alrighty because it helps with the distancing requirements.  Same thing at outdoor gatherings although those are never as busy as the monthly meetings due to weather and schedules.  Me, i haven't been able to attend anything due to work and I've only been able to sail once as the local beach gets crowded on hot summer days.   >:-o
I'm interested in tiny versions of regular size things.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 06:53:08 am »

At the Dinghy sailing club we use as one of our lakes, the club house is open BUT only for the toilets. Kitchen etc out of bounds. Sanitiser at the outer door.

Barrie

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 03:47:58 pm »

No Model Boat club up here at present...

However quite a lot of smaller hobby clubs and groups have mothballed till 2021 to reduce the risk of spread and I don't see many of the smaller niche groups reopening.

Some more pouplar groups / hobbies  / clubs have been able to open and been able to absorb the cost for social distancing (or get additional funding :-X despite local claims of funding poverty)

I cover a lot of Scotland for work and it has been  - eenie meenie miney mo I wonder who will be next to go... most weeks since June - The bigger companies / groups are Ok - Smaller companies/groups are stuggling - particluarly if there is a social aspect to their products.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.