Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uwe D  (Read 1018 times)

Sven

• Full Mayhemer
Uwe D
« on: August 24, 2020, 03:15:37 pm »

Hello friends

I would like to show you my latest project I started and finnished this year. It's not a big one but a verry cheap one.
First I was looking after a plan for a penische and changed the scale to what I wanted to have. Then I took a look into my scrap box where I had a piece of ply bought from hardware store for EUR 1,00. From this I saw out the bottom, deck and frames. The sides were build from card earlier used as file cover which the company I was working for thought they were never be used and throw away. But a shipmodeler can use every thing!
After sides were planked with the card I cut sheets 6 x 1,5 cm from card were I imitated rives with a knurling wheel which I borrowed from my government. This plates were glued to the sides to get the look of a real steelplated body. I think it will look very realistic. 2 paintings with filler and 1 with paint were enough to make sure that no water will come in.

A Speed 300 and drive shaft from scrap box were used for propelling. I use 2 rudders for steering also build from scrap. Wheelhouse were build out from thin ply covered by thin mahogani and for windows I used old glasses from dias. A drinking straw was used as funnel. A 6 V akku was good for power supply. Most expensive things were the LED-lights including the resitors which I had to buy. Positionlights and front and rear lamps are good to see  in the evening.

For the luck covers I used the same card as for the planking without painting. Bollards were build from plastic and card. Still missing are three anchors, two in front and one in the rear, gangway and ladder and a bicycle and some other things used on board.

Hope you will enjoy this little boat which is about 60 cm long and 10 cm wide.

hama

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Uwe D
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:58:47 am »

Nice!
Shows what can be done on a limited budget  :-))
Hama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.