Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Mayhem  (Read 780 times)

Des

• Full Mayhemer
New to Mayhem
« on: August 27, 2020, 02:02:44 am »

Hi all
I've just joined Mayhem, although I am not entirely new to model boat building.  I have kitbashed 2x AZIZ kits;  the first to represent BASS SHORE / BASS TIDE / BEKA 3, and a few other names in between;  and the second to represent a 1960's early AHTS.  This second was loosely based on a GA I found on a Mumbai offshore service company's website.  These two models were never intended to be true to scale, because at that stage I didn't have the skills to do so.  And I certainly didn't want to cut an expensive hull in order to stretch it 100 mm or so.

I have also just completed a scratchbuilt hull in styrene, basically to see if it could be done (it can).  The hull is constructed to a set of plans which I prepared, aiming to be a realistic representation of a Burness Corlett designed hydroconic tug of the late 1960's to early 1970's.  This model was aimed at developing the skills to prepare a set of plans from which I can successfully (?) build a hull to the plan. So far so good.
Finally, after building up all of these skills, I now have developed full GA and lines plan for my next model - TOLL OSBORNE, IMO 9570175.  I found a GA on the TOLL website, which of course was an initial builder's plan.  I copied  that, then added lots of detail from various photos which were not on the original GA.  I should be able to start cutting out frames later this year, with a build time of around 2 years or so.

Des.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New to Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 08:22:50 am »

Welcome.

The forum is friendly and a great resource as well as a good place to have a ponder about life in general.

We are always interested in builds (particularly with pictures) and can often help if you need it.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: New to Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 09:50:12 am »

AN A welcome from me as well im not known too much on here but ive found this forum an the guys very good an freindly so i hope you enjoy it on here as much as i have  :-))
chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.