Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refurb tug  (Read 1821 times)

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
Refurb tug
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:10:06 am »

I’m looking for some help and guidance regarding this lovely little tug....I can’t identify her firstly....24 inches long and a chunky 10 inches broad....the receiver and the servo are old fleet items, but I don’t have a transmitter....what would you do?

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Refurb tug
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 11:13:27 am »

What am I doing wrong with these photos coming out sideways?

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 11:19:25 am »

More photos coming

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 11:21:08 am »

Still the wrong way up

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 11:26:08 am »

First thing you have to do is, once you have taken your picture, you need to ensure it is correctly orientated when you save it on your hosting site. Pictures displaying sideways is usually a sign that when the picture was originally taken, the camera was changed from portrait to landscape orientation to take it.
Most hosting sites do not automatically correct this, the user has to do it. There's usually a button function that enables you to spin a picture but you must then re save else the orientation change will be lost.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 11:28:31 am »

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 12:02:46 pm »

Thank you....I’m not sure, but I wonder if it’s anything to do with photos coming from an iPad....they are all taken the right way up originally?

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 12:14:08 pm »

Thank you....I’m not sure, but I wonder if it’s anything to do with photos coming from an iPad....they are all taken the right way up originally?
No, it doesnt make a difference which device is used. You'll get this with iOS and Android operating devices. What hosting site are you using for your pictures? What orientation are the pictures on that site?

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 02:19:51 pm »

I really don’t know what I’m using....just take the pic and save it....then when I need it...like now just usually....press send!

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 02:25:54 pm »

Try again

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 02:38:13 pm »

Part of the problem might well be how tablets and phones are used.

If I have taken a picture portrait mode with my camera when I view it on my desktop or laptop it will come up on its side and I have to rotate (and then save) the picture so that it comes up the right way in the future. It is this corrected picture that I attach to a post.

On a tablet/ phone if you take a picture portrait you simply turn the device to view it the right way as intended. You never "correct" the orientation for viewing. 

RST

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 09:08:47 pm »

Any reason to coil that antenna wire?

Re:p I always see the same question on many forums form apple users. I must admit I've tried once or twice from my Google devices  -the Google things seem to have a memory and if I view from same device it seems to remember the original rotation. I look at the same post on a PC and it's the right way up!

Ps: it a marks model bits hull? Something about the bulwarks midships reminds me of something I've seen before.

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 10:32:15 am »

Marks model?....don’t know about them?....thanks...all in the photo was from a previous owner who is no longer with us!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2020, 10:57:08 am »

In image .........108AD90.jpeg...as best we can see, only Channel 5 and battery are connected to the receiver??

It may help if you confirm the Tx/Rx frequency values, as the aerial tightly wound around the small diameter rod by X length may cause reception issues?

Some of our members with more experience here may help

Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2020, 11:29:18 am »

It looks like one of the later Fleet receivers so likely to be 40 MHz although the green sticker may mean 27MHz on Green frequency. However the servo sockets look as if they take either Jr or Futaba plugs. The best option will be to buy a 2.4GHz transmitter/receiver combo, the receiver will just replace the present one and the servos/esc plug straight into it. Just make sure the aerial /s are above the waterline or you will lose some of the signal. Try to get a receiver with an extended aerial not one with short stubs ( the actual aerial part is the 3cm end where the outer sheilding has been removed, the rest is just co-ax cable as an extension.
(For 27 or 40MHz sets winding the aerial round a dowel is quite common as it makes it easier to cope with the long receiver aerial wire. Doing this will reduce the range but it will still allow you to control the boat for a consideral distance, right over to the other side of most model boat ponds.)
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 11:56:43 am »

I really don’t know what I’m using....just take the pic and save it....then when I need it...like now just usually....press send!
Ah, right so you're just attaching them to the Mayhem post and not hosting them on a 3rd party site. In that case, unless you view the picture first in your device's gallery or photo repository, correct the orientation and save before uploading, you'll get this hit and miss display.

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 12:22:13 pm »

I haven’t understood why we are in need of a third party to host the photos?....again, thanks

jimini35

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 12:23:33 pm »

Thank you JimG!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2020, 12:32:56 pm »

I haven’t understood why we are in need of a third party to host the photos?....again, thanks

It cuts down on host server costs.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.