Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two by Two?  (Read 1376 times)

Mike Fry

• Shipmate
Two by Two?
« on: August 29, 2020, 12:55:42 pm »

HelloFor years i have been sailing two boats at once ( 2 Springers, 2 Destroyers and 2 Tugs) I thought lets have three maybe a large cargo ship and two tugs. My radios are Spectrum DX6 and a Turnigy i6, the i6 has two twisty turny extra knobs on it. Just the job for the large and slower ship, i tried to bind the third Rx and it would have it. Never mind i thought, now the i6 wont bind two! I have tried fiddling with the telemetry, i only wants to bind one. My Planet T5 will still bind two, any ideas anyone? I am thinking now of two Tx sat side by side in a box thing, so i can control FOUR! What i need to know is which cheap, dumb and four channel Tx will bind two at once. Hobby Kings own brand or Turnigy i4?

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Two by Two?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 07:12:25 pm »

Mike

I have at least half a dozen receivers bound to my Flysky i6. The receivers bind to the transmitter, NOT to a particular model. Have you got the correct AFHDS setting for your receiver?

Barrie

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 08:56:34 am »

Most transmitters will bind to any number of receivers and work with then simulaneously.  True of "simple" radio outits.
Some "cleverer" ones, possibly in the Spektrum range, also remember, in their "model memory" the receiver involved, so working more than one model simultaneously might not work.  Possibly a safety feature to stop a model with one set of parameters being worked by the transmitter set to a different model.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 09:48:41 am »

Possibly a safety feature to stop a model with one set of parameters being worked by the transmitter set to a different model.

Not true of the Turnigy/Flysky i6. The receiver remembers the Tx ID. All other settings are in the Tx. I often forget to change the model in the Tx, the boat still works - albeit with the wrong parameters.

Question for the original poster - which receiver do you have? Only the one with two aerials has telemetry and will confirm binding. For the one with the thick aerial you need to switch AFHDS off in settings.

Barrie

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 11:31:00 am »

Not true of the Turnigy/Flysky i6. The receiver remembers the Tx ID. All other settings are in the Tx. I often forget to change the model in the Tx, the boat still works - albeit with the wrong parameters.

Really?  I have a Turnigy i6 and you most definitely need to change the model in the memory, as each model has a unique bind to the transmitter.  You can only operate one model at a time and if you haven't selected the correct model in the memory, nothing happens.  You can't change to a second model when the first is still recognised by the Tx - you have to switch the first model off before the Tx will allow you to swap.  All very safety conscious I guess - especially for model aircraft, you don't want a wayward model doing strange things because the operator forgot to turn off the Rx when he moved to another model.  (All my Rx are the twin antenna type, if that makes any difference, and I have factory settings throughout on the Tx.)

Greg

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 02:13:37 pm »

OK - correction. What I said below is correct if you use the NON AFHDS 2A receivers. With these the transmitter can't know what receiver/s are connected as there is no telemetry. You can certainly drive more than one model in this set-up - I just tried it.

https://youtu.be/gjP7fSmD0oA

With the AFHDS 2A receivers, the transmitter does know what receivers are switched on, and will only allow one at a time, and the one corresponding to the transmitter set-up.

I tend to use the small 4 channel AFHDS receivers which is where the error in my original post came from - apologies.

Barrie

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 06:38:05 pm »

Like I said earlier - it depends on the model of the radio being used.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.