Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Guernsey's fine day out  (Read 2102 times)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HMS Guernsey's fine day out
« on: September 20, 2020, 11:16:13 am »

This is the Deans Marine model of HMS Guernsey, and I have to say what a brilliant model to sail, although the images do not show it the water in the docks was very choppy, she just rode them as here namesake would have don in the North Sea, very little roll either, in fact she performed so well that most members commented on the performance, this coupled with sunny weather made for a cracking day out.  Hope yo enjoy the images

Bob

I will finish this model

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Guernsey's fine day out
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 01:49:52 pm »

She does not appear to have wobbled at all! Beautiful job!

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 04:06:32 pm »

I am sure any Ducks nearby would have been jealous of her water borne abilities Rob!
Pond weed is your enemy

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 07:14:01 pm »

I am sure any Ducks nearby would have been jealous of her water borne abilities Rob!
HI Bob she looks nice on the wet stuff  a lovely model an another ship in the batch was there one i think called lichstern or something like that cant remember the proper name but i sailed that ship up at norwich as a chap came down to see me from NEWCASTLE an it was his  an it got sunk as i was busy tryin to see my hms edinbourgh bein sailed by the gent who boat i was sailing an his one got ran over by A BIG CARRIER but one of the guys jumped in the pond to rescue the small boat thank goodness an it had a dryin out period an then she was ok
chris

madrob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 07:55:18 pm »

HI Bob she looks nice on the wet stuff  a lovely model an another ship in the batch was there one i think called lichstern or something like that cant remember the proper name but i sailed that ship up at norwich as a chap came down to see me from NEWCASTLE an it was his  an it got sunk as i was busy tryin to see my hms edinbourgh bein sailed by the gent who boat i was sailing an his one got ran over by A BIG CARRIER but one of the guys jumped in the pond to rescue the small boat thank goodness an it had a dryin out period an then she was ok
chris

Brys HMS [/size]Lindisfarne ..you hear anything off Bry Chris?[/color]

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 08:45:05 pm »

HI Rob hope you are well an no nothing from bry  as he was not very well last i heard from him an  the last i heard from him he was selling my HMS EDINBOURGH he bought off me  to one of my freinds in norwich which my freind has still got her an he has been sailing her up at norwich pond an she is a delight to see on the wet stuff so have you been building a boat at all ? as im still an will be for yrs building my HMS TIGER C20 build an im now fitting in the hulls the brass portholes an im enjoyin the build but will be glad when i can get onto fittin on all the details but what im doin now must come first an yes that was the ships name HMS [/color]Lindisfarne .
all best
chris

Brys [/color]HMS Lindisfarne ..you hear anything off Bry Chris?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.