Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yacht Sailing near Ellesmere Port?  (Read 1362 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Yacht Sailing near Ellesmere Port?
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:47:56 pm »

Via email to Mayhe...

' Hi Martin,

I live in Ellesmere Port, myself plus three others are looking for a stretch of water to sail our R/C Yachts.

They consist of some Joysway Dragon 65 plus Dragon 95 we are all retired and getting over various health problems.
We have all been in the hobby for a long time mainly flying but now need to have a more relaxed side of the hobby.
After talking to Mark Wild he suggested you may be the person that could advise me we have a few cars so can travel.
I would join a club if one could be found locally as due to a recent stroke I don't travel too far away.
Some photos of my yachts have been attached we are desperate to find a site .

We now and then sail at the end of our local canal but I do not want to disturb or upset the local fishermen I'm just looking to stay in the hobby.

Any suggestions will be appreciated  :-)
Yours sincerely,
 D '

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Yacht Sailing near Ellesmere Port?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 11:32:40 pm »

The nearest to you is Ellesmere Port MBC, who sail at the Hooton Park Trust site, access from junction 6 of the M53. They have a Facebook page.

Birkenhead Radio Sailing and Power Club have a very large lake at Gautby Road Birkenhead, which is at the Bidston end of the M53. They race Dragons.  ( http://birkenheadrspc.co.uk/ )

Other local options are New Brighton, Hoylake and Runcorn.  Colwyn Bay is further away, 30 minutes on the A55.

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 10:39:53 am »

Gautby Road in Birkenhead, there is a (or was until recently) a saling club for rc yatchs, Ive often watched them race and practise, its a nice lake, easy access, high water level, and the club has a small car park. I live reasonably close, and Im advising, just be alert if alone, one gate in, one gate out! They also had a fast IC club based there, but again, not sure if its still active, I used o go a lot for testing etc my larger faster boats such as the Huntsman in the avatar, Ill see if I can find a video on that lake :-))

red181

• Full Mayhemer

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 03:28:08 pm »

Ellesmere Port Model Boat Club can sail at the Museum.We now have a pond at Hooton Park Trust, which unfortunately only has a draft of about 12 to 15 inches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.