Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coulsdon Models  (Read 2024 times)

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
Coulsdon Models
« on: September 09, 2020, 03:34:34 pm »

Has anyone on here had any dealings with Coulsdon Models. I ordered a few bits from them via Ebay on 9th August, nothing has arrived, no reply, no anything. I have put in an Ebay grievance but I was just after a bit of background.

Interestingly their Facebook page hasn't had any 'traffic' since June 2018, very odd.

RST

Re: Coulsdon Models
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 03:51:54 pm »

Have you checked their eBay feedback?  Doesn't look to good the past month.

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 03:58:21 pm »

I haven't checked their feedback, I don't usually bother. I'll have look now.

Edit: Just had a look, very mixed feedback. Some people seem happy but many aren't. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with 25 neutrals & 121 negatives in a month. But they have still managed 427 positives in the last month. Strange state of affairs.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:00:31 pm »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/coulsdon_models?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560

I would deduce they have been taken ill. Previous record prior to recent month was excellent.

EDIT oddly there is good feedback in the same month

Phone number on google 07733 110311 Andrew Symonds
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

RST

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 11:44:23 pm »

Caveat emptor I'm afraid. When it comes to eBay I always check feedback first and second check is on shipping method (no yodel, Hermes or undisclosed courier and definitely not eBay's delivery system!).  Unfortunately this time, for whatever reason you maybe walked into a fail, granted though there's always random feedback conflicting but that's the best bit about eBay is you can check first.   As you opened up a case you should be ok -I find these days there's no way to contact eBay or paypal, so you will have to go through the rigmarole of justification and messages saying eBay tried to make contact etc etc before any return payment, but it does come through in the end, to rather than before, when they would check for you while you were in the phone call.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 12:03:06 am »

A year back I had trouble with Hermes breaking their own rules had to go through Resolver.  A total waste of time.
Roy

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 07:37:28 am »

Caveat emptor I'm afraid. When it comes to eBay I always check feedback first and second check is on shipping method (no yodel, Hermes or undisclosed courier and definitely not eBay's delivery system!).  Unfortunately this time, for whatever reason you maybe walked into a fail, granted though there's always random feedback conflicting but that's the best bit about eBay is you can check first.   As you opened up a case you should be ok -I find these days there's no way to contact eBay or paypal, so you will have to go through the rigmarole of justification and messages saying eBay tried to make contact etc etc before any return payment, but it does come through in the end, to rather than before, when they would check for you while you were in the phone call.

Give me Yodel or Hermes every time, never had any trouble with them, delivering or receiving. However right now I have got 5 undelivered items pending that have been undelivered by the Royal Mail. One of them sent twice, by a trusted trader who we all know.

I have been using Ebay since 1999 and until now I have only had 2 undelivered items & they were small items from the US.

I just have to conclude that Royal Mail are undergoing some sort of an efficiency crisis.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 10:32:07 am »

Just checked my fleabay purchases. Bought 2 valhejo paints from Coulsdon about a year ago. No probs whatever. A lot of problems a seller can have on there is lack of communication with the buyers especially if there is any issue.
That said, Ive a mate who has a business on fleabay. He get's negative feedback from some if there's been a delay delivering items AFTER he's passed them to thecourier or PO! One guy in France even left negative feedback saying the item took 5 days to reach him!
As regards couriers, they are muchof a muchness. Pick any courier you want and you canfind someone with a complaint ie damaged goods, length delivery or whatever. They deal with millions of parcels a day so even if they are 99% ok, the1% not is a sizable number.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 11:35:13 am »

Couriers seem to vary area to area too, I do pretty well with most to be fair. I was a late starter with eBay Nov 2003 but 1650 feedbacks. Concierge service has always resolved any problems in my favour not that I have trouble often.
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 12:13:20 pm »

Couriers seem to vary area to area too, I do pretty well with most to be fair. I was a late starter with eBay Nov 2003 but 1650 feedbacks. Concierge service has always resolved any problems in my favour not that I have trouble often.

I think my problem with Royal Mail is pretty localised, they don't seem to know where Norfolk actually is.

RST

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 11:59:58 pm »

I think it's fair to say for couriers that 99% of the time they deliver OK.  In my circumstance, for my 1% representation, said couriers is a 100% fail consalmost each and every time, I'm jut fed-up of everything being delivered quik bt in 2 or 3 broken parts.  So you just have to learn what wrks for you.  I have an amazing amount of photos of damaged goods from Yodel or Hermes over the last few years though!  Actually I was inadvertantly involved in a police investigation a few years ago with a Hermes driver stealing parcels from the depot.  Yodel is much simpler -forget any delivery times 48h guaranteed is more like 3 weeks, then when you eventually get it it is smashed to pieces.  No tracking, no customer support for Yodel at all.  Local depot up here for Yodel usualy has 2 or 3 people arrive looking for deiveries all the time.  The depot is always manned but the doors are locked (there are 1-2 cars outside and the gates to the business have been opened) -you can tell there is someone inside because there is often a steaming cup of coffeee on the desk and you can sometimes see a computer screen powered up, but that person always HIDES in a back-room as soon as a customer shows up.

There is another ebay trick I'm being caught out with these days and becomeing more prevalent.  A seller "immediately" dispatches an item and provides a tracking number -this number is usually fake for postage but seems to satisfy ebay.  When I haven't received goods after prescribed time plus a few days I contact seller before raising a case.  All of a sudden the part comes within a couple of days -postage label says it's been posted within a day or two compared to the 2 week plus tracking number via ebay -and no response to any questions inbetween!

I stick to my guns from before -ebay is just great for checking how reliable a seller is.  I check feedback each and every time first but if you don't then.....

....It's just full of folk trying to take money of you one way or another.

ahammond

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 06:49:09 am »

The other thing to watch out for on Ebay is the location of the seller. A couple of times I have ordered and paid for things only to then discover that it is being sent from China with delivery several weeks in the future.  As China based sellers invariably offer free delivery it is something easily overlooked when placing an order.

BeeJay UK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Norfolk 'n Good
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 07:27:45 am »

The China problem on Ebay is easily solved. Just click on search UK only, I do it automatically every time I do an Ebay search nowadays.

However if I am not in a hurry I will order stuff from China and I have never had any problems with quality or delivery. The delayed delivery I don't find a problem for 'stock' items that I don't need immediately.

Their prices make it worthwhile, often less than 25% of UK prices for the same item.

ahammond

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 09:16:33 am »

My own experience with stuff from China has been rather mixed. I have saved money on occassion but have also been very disapointed at other times with the quality of the items sent and the time they have taken to arrive.  I prefer now to buy from European preferably UK or American sources. That applies to my other hobbies as well as model boats and modelling in general.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 12:37:33 pm »

The China problem on Ebay is easily solved. Just click on search UK only, I do it automatically every time I do an Ebay search nowadays.

However if I am not in a hurry I will order stuff from China and I have never had any problems with quality or delivery. The delayed delivery I don't find a problem for 'stock' items that I don't need immediately.

Their prices make it worthwhile, often less than 25% of UK prices for the same item.
This doesnt always work as many Chinese businesses on EBay have VAT numbers and give their location as London. It's only when you scroll to the very bottom of the listing can you see it is a Chinese based operation. Nothing wrong with that but frustrating when you want something in a couple of days and delivery is up to 2 months off!

Apparently China is a country of development so companies there are entitled to several UK 'easements.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.