Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disar modelling statio  (Read 866 times)

ahammond

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Disar modelling statio
« on: September 10, 2020, 10:45:08 am »

Not strictly nautical but as it does have a boat cradle included I would just like to share a few views on the Disar work station that I have just bought from Cornwall Models.  On the face of it, the illustration and "Simple Assembly" wording on the box would seem to be accurate after all it is just a case of slotting things together. I would however advise anybody who is tempted by one of these as I was to put in a few days practice beforehand in herding the neighbourhood cats. Whilst it does come with a full colour breakdown of the parts and roughly where they go it does not have any written instructions. Some of the major pieces are joined to two or more other pieces with slots and pegs on the bottom, fronts, and sides.  I would just get parts A, B, and C, satisfactorily together when parts E,F, and G would decide to go walkabout. Sorting the latter out would result in parts B and H then refusing to play games. This was a continuing theme throughout the assembly. I did though eventually get it all together with the aid of superglue, lots of bad language, and a hammer to hold one lot of pieces together whilst I concentrated on getting another lot to align with them.  The way to do it by the way is to ignore the natural impulse of attaching the back to the base first, leave that to the very last and do the side compartments first. Fixing the back to them is still a major fiddle involving the alignment of about a dozen or more pegs and slots some of which will take a bit of persuasion to go together but it is at least doable.  Having finally got it together I am reasonably happy with it. The removable and adjustable boat cradle definitely being very useful and there are plenty of storage options for tools etc. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.