Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bombarded with ebay messages -unable to stop it  (Read 1097 times)

RST

Bombarded with ebay messages -unable to stop it
« on: September 16, 2020, 01:31:03 am »

Hi,
I was reluctant to ask, but since March this year (2020) I seem to be unidated with messages from ebay.  Every listing I have looked at they send me messages after, they also keep relentlessing on discounts, -hurry up messages.  They're sendime me messages a seller eeduced their price -I'm not watching or have their part in my basket!  I'm nt even remotely interested but it's burying real messages in my system.

I've tried contacting eBay the last few months but keep getting the same message -there is nobody there anymore.
...anybody found out how to stop all the spam messages?
Rich

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Bombarded with ebay messages -unable to stop it
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 02:48:24 am »

Are these messages 'pop-ups' or via email.
If email there is usually an unsubscribe button hidden somewhere at the end of the email.

If you have not already done so, Google search 'stop ebay notifications and messages'. See if you get any advice there.

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

RST

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 03:16:13 am »

...they are mosty in my ebay inbox.  Some get mailed to me but not many and there is no unsubscribe link on any of the ones that get mailed out .
....we're not talking the usual ebay messages.  It's for instnce a listing I just happened to look at (not subscribed or watched after), then I get reminders about it, and if the seller reduces price or change an advert, re-lists similar etc.  It's all started in March and I did nothing to start it.  I didn't even notice much until I looked at my actual ebay inbox and it was over 50 messages.
I tried googling and all the ebay unsubscribe options -I'm not subscribed to anything, nothing to stop!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 03:22:36 am »

Rich...following is an extract from e-bay Terms & Conditions of Sale....log on & try the following........... Derek

You can access and modify the information you provide and choose not to receive certain communications by signing in to your account
----------------------------
20. Privacy We do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We use your information only as described in the eBay User Privacy Notice. We view protection of users' privacy as a very important community principle. We store and process your information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. You can access and modify the information you provide us and choose not to receive certain communications by signing in to your account. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles. For a complete description of how we use and protect your personal information, see the eBay User Privacy Notice. If you object to your information being transferred or used in this way please do not use our services
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RST

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 11:57:59 pm »

Hi Derek,

We don't seem to agree much on things these days.  Your second link just signed me in to my account.  However your first one took me to a part I'm more used to in settings .....and you may well be right there!  There seemed to be one check box that was ticked where it never used to be!!  I can only imagine 6-7 months ago eBay got desperate to cash-in and changed a setting itself to get more sales.

I certainly never ticked that box before so now it's un-ticked, we'll see if any more spam keeps coming.  Thanks very much.

Richard

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 11:40:00 am »

I've started getting the same so will follow the same path.
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.