Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ebay and paypal driving me insane -unable to un-link payments  (Read 927 times)

RST

ebay and paypal driving me insane -unable to un-link payments
« on: September 16, 2020, 01:50:24 am »

Hi,

Has anyone else found that since March this year (2020) eBay seems to have pemanenty linked paypal payments and there is NO way to un-link them?  It seems there is nobody to speak to at eBay and nobody at paypal any more and it is driving me absolutely crazy I can't un-link my accounts despite whatever I try according to latest instructions from each.  I have been trying to sort this out for 6 months now -there is no paypal on my ebay account and no pre-authorised payments or charges from ebay on my paypal account, yet it keeps going through with absolutely no damned security check whatsoever each time.

I don't want to cancel either (it took a very long time to trust both) but it seems I'm going to have to shut both of them down if I can't resolve this and I can't believe neither have any way to get in contact any more.

Does anyone have a contact number for ebay or paypal which gets through to anyone any more? I keep trying but both seem to have shut their contact lines down!  Any ideas before I ditch both and start from scratch again which is NOT ideal?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RST

Re: ebay and paypal driving me insane -unable to un-link payments
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 03:21:08 am »

....Thnks but nope.  I have no pre-authorised payments arranged to ebay for probably 4 months now but it keeps happening every time!!!!!!!  I knew about that anyway, but made sure it was cancelled both in ebay and paypal when it started to automatically happen again as that's the standard follow-on advice.  There used to be a simple way of unclicking the option in ebay, but it's been unclicked for ages and account links deleted for months but keeps going through still.

RST

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 10:10:24 am »

I'm losing faith in paypal now to be honest.  I managed to get through on phone today but I'm still only 30mins so far in to a suposed 4h wait on hold to speak to someone!  Not a good sytem when it takes 10mins at least to get past the first computer.  It used to take 2-3mins before, I just think they don't want customers any more.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 10:23:30 am »

Will your phone let you make a 4hr call? Many cut off before then.

RST

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 10:31:13 am »

...we'll see how long my batteries in the handset last.  I don't intend letting it past 59 mins to be honest.  When I heard the recorded message saying 4h, I interpret that as a "we're not intrested in speaking with you" but you never know.  But it seems to take 30-40mins to speak to anyone in banking these days.  Barclaycard are terrible: it took me 6 months trying to get through to someone there just to cancel a card this year!!!

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 11:05:37 am »

Have you set up two step authentication for PayPal payments?

ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

RST

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 11:14:25 am »

Gave up and re-dialled thinking I might get a better slot in the que.  Now they are saying a hold time between 7 and 11hrs!!!!  They should just go back to not having a phone service again if that is the case. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.