Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lesro Javelin  (Read 1309 times)

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
Re: Lesro Javelin
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2020, 07:59:06 PM »

Hi Zooma
Check up on the 3648-1450kv Hobbyking have drop it off their website !!!

I am lucky, I have two spares in my bits box!!!

Canabus

Hello Harry,

I had a pair of the red 3674 2250KV in-runner motors arrive in the post today.

The 120amp "waterproof" speedo that you suggested arrived earlier, so when I get back from my trip to the caravan I will connect one of these motors up to the ESC and make sure it works OK.

I am tempted to try a pair of non water-cooled speed controllers in my Corvette running a pair of 3548 900KV motors.  I have not checked yet, but I guess Surpass make smaller ESC, but I have plenty of room in the Corvette (!) so I could go for safety and fit a pair of these 120amp ESC as I can use them for other things too!

Bob.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2020, 05:05:12 AM »

Hi Zooma
So the 2250kv's would be 24975 rpm on 3S, that's 3,500 rpm more than the 1450kv's on 4S(unloaded).
The corvette will fly!!!!
No boating this weekend, off to the shack to cleanup!!!

May slip the Waverider in for a quick spin at the end on the block!!!
Depends on weather and tide!!!

Harry

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »

Enjoy your weekend Grandad. :-))

I was thinking about a pair of 3548 900KV in the Corvette - a much more modest power that would be more suitable perhaps (?) - at least to start with!

The 3674 2250KV red car motor I was thinking could be a good choice for the Javelin/Swordsman/Rapier as a replacement for the no-longer available 3648 1450KV that I would have preferred if I was still able to buy one.

I am also away this weekend - I will be celebrating my 71st birthday by staying in our static caravan (close to our club lake!) and taking my Rapier with me.

An Inception and a Pursuit are kept in the caravan as they don't take up much space and are always ready to go if I fancy a "fast blast" - but I only run these "out of hours" when regular club members are not on the water as they a bit boisterous. I ran the Pursuit on 4 cells last Sunday afternoon when nobody else was on the water and it was super-fast and a real challenge to keep it within the designated club water limits!

Stay safe!

Young Bob.

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2020, 12:24:31 PM »

Hi Zooma
So the 2250kv's would be 24975 rpm on 3S, that's 3,500 rpm more than the 1450kv's on 4S(unloaded).
The corvette will fly!!!!
No boating this weekend, off to the shack to cleanup!!!

May slip the Waverider in for a quick spin at the end on the block!!!
Depends on weather and tide!!!

Harry - with talk of such high revs have you ever had any problems with the prop shafts? The Raboesch Maintenance Free ball-raced and Delrin bearing type that I use are stated as being rated to 15k and the model down is rated to 10k. I know that shafts for race boats use different bearing materials. I'm ensuring that by battery choice I'm keeping the revs around 11k or less which is fine for my type of boats.

Happy birthday for your upcoming 71st Bob.

Chris

Concentrating in the main, on the fine Fairey Marine boats, which is plenty for me to get on with!

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »

Hi Chris,

Most fast racing boats have flexi- drive shafts these days, but you are unlikely worry your 5mm shafts in your Fairey fleet.

My Rapier is as fast as anything that is not surface piercing and that is trundling around nicely on a plain bearing 5mm prop shaft.

I just stripped the shaft to grease it after checking that I have no wear (end play) and it looks fine - and this was the original shaft (sort of) that must be very old - but I wanted a slightly longer inner shaft so I bought a spare 5mm maxi- shaft stainless inner from modelboatbits.

Strangely, the 5mm maxi shafts are a bigger size 5mm than any of my old 5mm inner shafts so I had to drill the bearings out slightly to be able to fit it !

Enjoy your weekend- and donít worry about your prop shafts!

Bob.

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2020, 05:30:47 PM »

No, not worried Bob, as I will be running well within the designed limit and only able to go fast for short bursts at our club. Just wondering what the situation is when running at the 20k revs plus that Harry was referring to.

Chris
Concentrating in the main, on the fine Fairey Marine boats, which is plenty for me to get on with!

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2020, 08:00:46 AM »

Hi Zooma Bob

Well happy birthday, old chap !!!!

My prop shafts are 4mm stainless with a ball race top bearing and a Teflon lower bearing.
The whole drive line is from Banggood, but, a club member makes the Teflon bearings.

Grease is silicon waterproof.

My test area at the shack has no speed limit, but me go over fast !!!!

Harry

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »

Thanks Harry,

I am pleased to hear that there are no speed limits to reduce the amount of white water you can make with your Waverider when you pop out from your shack to have a sail.

Ball raced prop shafts? I must admit that I have never checked Banggood for prop shafts, but I will take a look when I get home to see what lengths are available.

Having never owned or run a boat with a ball raced shaft, I will see if I can find one to fit my Swordman build so I can give one a try, but I am reluctant to take the M5 shaft out of the Javelin as it will make more work and I have plenty of other projects on the go at the moment!

I am off to the lake now - the sun has just gone in and we have had a shower, so some of the club members will have gone home as they donít like their boats getting wet (!!!) and this will give me a it more space to run, so I will put the Inception in the boot and give it a run.

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »

Hi Zooma Bob

Well happy birthday, old chap !!!!

My prop shafts are 4mm stainless with a ball race top bearing and a Teflon lower bearing.
The whole drive line is from Banggood, but, a club member makes the Teflon bearings.

Grease is silicon waterproof.

My test area at the shack has no speed limit, but me go over fast !!!!

Harry

I canít find any ball raced prop shafts on Banggood which is a shame as I would like to try one - and their prices would be good too

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2020, 10:48:34 AM »

Hi Bob

Banggood ID 934428 from 10 to 35cm length.

Also they have nice CNC props.

Harry

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »

Thanks Harry,

When I get back in the week I will take a look!

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up