Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1417 times)

Mike M

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
New to Forum
« on: September 22, 2020, 05:17:16 pm »

Hi, just like to introduce myself. I'm Mike from Victoria B.C. Canada.Just joined a week ago. My Hobby interests over the past 12 years have been as Follows. RC Model Airplanes. Built a Cessna 180 48"wing span.Owned a trainer (apprentice ) and a T37 low wing.Managed to get my "wings" after months of training on a buddy cable with someone in our club.Then moved on to build a Marklin 3 layer model railroad layout (12'x 8').This took me the better part of 7 years.Just sold this to a fellow in Toronto and all the rolling stock to a fellow in NZ.Now here I am building a model tug(Fairmount Alpine),so far so good.My weak point has always been electrical, so hopefully I can find people who will be able to help.  :-)  Hope I didn't bore you with my ramble

Cheers Mike

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 05:33:44 pm »

Not me personally, but we have some very knowledgeable and helpful members on here.  Pete

Mike M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 07:10:53 pm »

Not me personally, but we have some very knowledgeable and helpful members on here.  Pete

:-))

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 07:38:02 pm »

Welcome from Texas.  :-))

I lived in NW Washington for a few years and was a member of the Burnaby club.  Lots of friendly, knowledgeable scale boaters there and in Victoria. 

Mike M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:08:39 pm »

:-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 11:49:31 am »

WELCOME Mike ive been on an off this forum due to movin house but  now back on an as has been said there are a lot of guys that will help you on here as i had a problem with my failsafe on one ship an a R/C PROBLEM but these guys helped me greatly so come on an enjoy yourself  ps an ive got a build goin on here in the battle ships thread called boatmans tiger  build but im on here as frogman as when i went off i could not register in my old name so frogman it is
chris :-))

Mike M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 03:58:16 pm »

Thank you. Can you send me a link to your build.Still getting my feet wet navigating this site  :-)

Cheers

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 06:28:21 pm »

Thank you. Can you send me a link to your build.Still getting my feet wet navigating this site  :-)

Cheers

HI Mike cant do a link to my build as dont know how but just scroll down to SHIPYARD DRYDOCK an builds   look in THE BATTLE SHIP SECTION but you must scroll an you will see BOATMANS TIGER scratch build all 23 pages  an mike the first linkpic dont work as at the time i dint know what i was doin an went an deleted the pic but i will put on a  link picture of the real ship at the end of how far i have gotten as i forgot about the ship pic an if i put it on now which i will the build will be at the top of this section

an when you get on there is a few pics put on by the guys but i have just put on link pics from imgbb site as i cant load pics as i live in a low megabyte area an the pc is workin very slow but if you just click on the link numbers the pics will come up one at a time

as you will have to hit each link to see the build  hope you understand this as this is goin to be a very long build as the ship is hms tiger in 1/72 scale an about 8ft long so a fair biggee  converted from a battle cruiser to half battle cruiser an half helicopter  carrier as she has 4 seaking on her as thats what drew me to this build as there is nothing else like her
all best
chris

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 06:35:18 pm »

Welcome Mike.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

JBay Boater

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 09:47:55 am »

Hi I am Johann, I am from South Africa, commuting between Centurion and Jeffreys Bay.  I am a "beginner".  Starting to build a Mantua HMS Victory model, a gift from my wife for my birthday in 2000, yes 20 years ago.  Due to relocation and business pressures, I never really progressed with my project till 2018 when I retired from Corporate life and during Covid 19 lockdown I really climbed into the project, learning and progressing fairly well.

I recently joined the forum to be able to "tap" into the expertise available and to learn faster as I go along.  Being my first project, learning has mainly been through trial and error, but looking forward to communicate with forum members who have done it before.

Cheers

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 11:00:05 am »

Welcome  :-))
Steamed up all the time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.