Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MMM Brackengarth  (Read 3220 times)

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
MMM Brackengarth
« on: September 24, 2020, 08:56:04 pm »

Just ordered a complete kit are you guys fitting a bow thruster I don’t see any mention on the site about one also best place for a prop and  size Also any links to a build
I have a four week wait now for the kit
Barry

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: MMM Brackengarth
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 09:05:22 am »

Hi
Sorry that I am unable to help with your question's, I do know that Brian was taken ill about three weeks ago so Ann is looking after him and the business, when I spoke to Ann she said that all orders are now made to order.

Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 10:22:49 am »

Hi Fred when I spoke with Ann she told me about Brian she did say it will be about 4 weeks delay on the kit
When i ordered the full kit

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 07:57:36 pm »

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of my Brackengarth model and i'm really looking forward to getting started on it, I've looked through the fittings pack and wow there's a lot of fun ahead, hope you enjoy your kit as much as me when it arrives.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 08:16:12 pm »

I would say use the biggest that will fit and not Raboesch.

I chose these most recently for a bigger build. Fit your own choice of motor   
http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/index.php/cat/c568_Brass-PVC-Tube.html

ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 07:00:59 pm »

Thanks for the response that bow thruster looks lovely, can I ask why you don't recommend the Raboesch units as I had thought about getting the large paddle wheel version?

I would say use the biggest that will fit and not Raboesch.

I chose these most recently for a bigger build. Fit your own choice of motor   
http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/index.php/cat/c568_Brass-PVC-Tube.html

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 07:31:09 pm »

I don't think they are built well enough. My experience is they leak when the plastic splits around the motor mounting screws. The gears are plastic on the propeller version. The motor is 7.2 volts brushed which needs considering if you are using a different voltage. Lacking in power and my motor developed a dead spot so if it stops it won't run again without turning it manually first.

Don't let me put you off  %%
ANDY

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »

Thanks, No your experience is helpful. I really like the looks of the brass unit your using and it seems like a robust unit can it still be removed for maintenance once fitted and have you gone for the twin prop version, does the brass just seal against the grey tubes or does it need gluing?

Thanks

I don't think they are built well enough. My experience is they leak when the plastic splits around the motor mounting screws. The gears are plastic on the propeller version. The motor is 7.2 volts brushed which needs considering if you are using a different voltage. Lacking in power and my motor developed a dead spot so if it stops it won't run again without turning it manually first.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 08:38:52 pm »

There is no maintenance. It works or its broke. Mine is fitted with sealant rather than resin so I can replace it without resorting to the box of hammers  O0  yes mine is twin prop and the largest available
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
ANDY

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 09:28:16 pm »

As Andy has said i have a Rabo twin prop thruster in my 1/48 HMS Mersey and i have to run it on 6v with restricted throttle control from my handset as the gears just wont work with anything over 7.2v, oh and it leaks every now and then plus its noisy operating. If i did it again i would use the brass one.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 09:43:14 pm »

Hi Jay
As yet the brass one is untested  %%  but in time I will report my findings. I believe it is made by Jadamski.
It feels like the quality matches the price and my brushless motor will give far more scope  :-)
ANDY

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 09:06:05 pm »

Thanks all i'll keep clear of the Raboesch then and go with the brass one, I do like the looks of seeing the props through the thruster tube rather than a paddle anyway. Cheers

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 08:23:19 pm »

Hi Fred when I spoke with Ann she told me about Brian she did say it will be about 4 weeks delay on the kit
When i ordered the full kit
Taking a drive over in the morning to pick up my kit can’t wait to finally have it in my hands
 Got a couple on these going to fit one into new build

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Scooter-Motor-12-Volt-DC-150-Watt-12v-Brushed-ZY6812-16T-Belt-Drive/164336973228?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 08:23:39 pm »

Picked up my kit today got it home quick look at plan prop shaft end plan shows casting YB01 to support prop shaft overhang had a good look in the casting bag put I can not find any think that looks like support  can anyone help ?me photos would be a big help running the big 6mm shaft
Decided to go with the kit motor  other one is to large for the hull

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 07:59:31 pm »

Picked up my kit today got it home quick look at plan prop shaft end plan shows casting YB01 to support prop shaft overhang had a good look in the casting bag put I can not find any think that looks like support  can anyone help ?me photos would be a big help running the big 6mm shaft
Decided to go with the kit motor  other one is to large for the hull

Hi,

I've just looked through my kit which I haven't started yet and can't find that part either.

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 08:12:37 pm »

Spoke with Dave at mmm yesterday told me if it was made it would be to heavy told me to cut a hole above shaft fit and shape 3mm ply and glass in shape with filler
Also I 3D printed a 90.5 x4 mm disk to center the prop shaft in the Kort to line up motor

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 09:05:26 pm »

Ah okay i'll probably make that part out of brass then when I start my build which won't be for a bit.

Yes it's a good idea to make a piece like that to get everything lined up properly.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 11:06:07 am »

Taking a drive over in the morning to pick up my kit can’t wait to finally have it in my hands
 Got a couple on these going to fit one into new build

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Scooter-Motor-12-Volt-DC-150-Watt-12v-Brushed-ZY6812-16T-Belt-Drive/164336973228?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Do you have any numbers for that motor? Unloaded rpm on 12v, stall current, resistance etc?

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 11:18:13 am »

3500 rpm at 12 volt Google the motor zy6812 I am sure you will find the information it runs very quiet not got round to fitting yet to big for the brackengarth fitting it into my cruiser tug

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 11:46:42 am »

Here’s mine in mountfleet Cruiser
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.