Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling a boat  (Read 1392 times)

Sonparc

• Full Mayhemer
Selling a boat
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:23:06 am »

Hi All
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to how or where  to sell a high value model boat please ?

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Selling a boat
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:28 am »

Depends on what you call high value.      Boats seem to sell well on Ebay in the sub £1000 range.     Also, are you prepared to pack it up and post it and accept all the risks and hassles that could come with that?       That might get you a slightly better price.       I only sell with the stipulation of collect only - and people seem to be willing to travel for the right model.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:42 am »

Is it a radio controlled model or display model in a display case.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Sonparc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 04:02:03 pm »

Thanks for replies. It is a radio controlled two masted sailing boat,too big to ship and would have to be collected.I am thinking of selling it as it is too big to go in my car.
Perhaps Ebay is the way to go unless anyone has other experience.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 05:56:12 pm »

If you're going to ebay it, make sure you use all 12 free photo slots and spend time getting your framing, focus and colour balance right - good photos can double the perceived value and get the bids flowing.   

RST

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 06:10:41 pm »

Whereabouts are you?  Also, what do you class as "high value"?  I'd agree with previous comments on photos. More is better, and not 11 blurred shots plus 1 shot of a finger over the lens. Though on eBay I'm often surprised how many "bids" are attracted to very poor sales listings. Shipping is always a bit subjective in my experience.  There are ways to do it. I prefer if that arrangement is worked out between the parties rather than just ruled out from the start but each to their own.

...of course, you could try a listing on here first and if no takers try elsewhere.  I'd always usually try forums first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.