Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bryan's Northumbrian.  (Read 1001 times)

Mike S

• Full Mayhemer
Bryan's Northumbrian.
« on: October 16, 2020, 08:14:35 pm »

Although living and working in North London for the past four decades, (how time flies!), and recently retired, I hail from the North East coast, my ‘port of registration’ being North Shields (SN). On a visit to home turf last year, whilst strolling along the Fish Quay, I came across the recently opened Old Low Light Heritage Centre, which is on the North Shields Fish Quay, and overlooks the mouth of the River Tyne, and contains exhibitions encompassing 900 years of the Tyne’s maritime heritage, particularly ‘the fishing’. 

Among the exhibits were a couple of models by Bryan Young. The first was the Tyne ferry ‘Northumbrian’, subject of a Mayhem Build Masterclass. The model is now on display overlooking the waters of Tyne where she plied her trade. Below are a couple of pictures of the display, they’re not brilliant, as the walls were white, the lighting a bit harsh, and the sun was streaming in through the windows, (just getting my excuses in early there!), but you’ll get the idea.   

The second model on display was the Hull sidewinder ‘Bayflower’, I’ll post a couple of pics anon.

Cheers,

Mike

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Bryan's Northumbrian.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 03:55:42 pm »

Well spotted Mike, thanks for posting!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Mike S

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bryan's Northumbrian.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 08:41:04 pm »

As promised a couple of photos of another one of Bryan's models on display at the heritage centre, the Hull trawler 'Bayflower', a distant water sidewinder from, I'm guessing, the 1930's / 1940's?
I believe the model itself has a somewhat chequered history, it was stolen, then miraculously turned up again, and was re-furbed by Bryan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.