The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Joe's scratch Puffer

<< < (2/36) > >>

radiojoe:
Thanks for your interest guys, Auld Reekie was in a bit of a state but it's great to see these old vessels and steam locos being restored for the future I hope they leave the dents in her hull, gives her character.

Joe.

radiojoe:
Just an update today, I've been working on marking and cutting out the frames, I'm going to profile the edges as much as I can before final assembly and finish the profiling once it's glued together, I've also cut out most of the notches for the stringers on each frame, I just hope I've got them all in the right places.

Joe.

radiojoe:
This is the first dry assembly trial, so far so good, I'm holding off spending 70 odd quid for the running gear till I'm more confident with completing the hull, I've no problem with the superstructure not much different to a Springer really, but I'm quite happy with it so far.

Joe.

radiojoe:
Took the plunge and glued the hull framing together and fitted some of the stringers etc. tomorrow I'll fit the curved stringer pieces at the bow and stern.

Joe.

radiojoe:
A few more pieces added to the framework, Whilst I always enjoy building boats of any kind this hull is taking me just out of my comfort zone which is not a bad thing, it kind of makes it even more enjoyable.

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version