Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plastic is leaving the building.....  (Read 7446 times)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Plastic is leaving the building.....
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2020, 07:01:44 am »

My wife runs a local business and has lots of contacts with people who can do things - even all the trades - so I'm confident that she can manage in a crisis.     We're already joint accounts on most things.      She's good at dealing with people so she does most of the admin stuff and I tend to do all the practical things around the house - but I know she'll sell this place and downsize to a little bungalow as soon as possible.       She's already said she won't be able to be here without me - she'll be looking for me in my usual places.       We were originally intending to cash up and move together to the country within the next year or so - but now living a remote life won't be practical/possible/desirable for her alone.

I have been building a 2-storey extension on the side of the house - I got it to the point of ready for felt & battens before I collapsed.        She has a builder friend who is on the case and has going to finish all the work on the house - the extension is already tiled & waterproof and he's practically finished outside.    He'll be moving to the inside work maybe week after next.    I've written a detailed list of all the jobs that need doing for him to work through as fast as possible to get the house ready for selling.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2020, 11:49:05 am »

Sounds like you have both thought this through. That is surely a very good start.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2020, 12:17:50 pm »

It's a very tough subject but time is of the essence.      It's just very hard keeping it together.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2020, 04:01:26 pm »

Hi Plastic Trust your trip   down Weston goes well You'll likely be flying over me I'll keep an eye out.I took this shot a good few years back on my way back from the museum. If you do come this route Weston Should be  seen in the distance.At that position  the area below is at 300'  level (Depending on the Tide  :}  as  we have the worlds 2nd highest tide)    and you will be over the Police HQ  Chinooks land there also this is where Portishead Radio  was based  any old sea dogs should  remember that. Hope the weather holds for you and Safe Journey
Jaymac

Above-Portishead-Return-from-Weston-Heli-Mus.jpg

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2020, 04:33:40 pm »

Cheers - it's all dependent of the weather!      We're doing the Bubble Car museum in Boston next Saturday and we're meeting friends for lunch tomorrow and on Monday  :-)         We did the Mosquito Museum today.   :-)        I've got a couple of hospital/hospice things during the week.  {:-{

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2020, 05:24:10 pm »

Tell people the Bubble Car Museum is half way between New York and Boston.  That usually causes some confusion.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2020, 05:25:26 pm »

Tell people the Bubble Car Museum is half way between New York and Boston.  That usually causes some confusion.
{-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.