Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will or wont it  (Read 1193 times)

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
will or wont it
« on: September 25, 2020, 08:05:30 pm »

i want to have a small length of wire coming from my two spot lights that are on the out side and attached to the roof of my lifeboat, my existing set up the two wires i have running through a bit of shrink tube but it doesnt look right, too thick, so, im thinking of running two pieces of ultra thin copper enamelled wire through one piece of thin silicon tube, this looks more pleasing, but will the two copper enamelled wires short,

Trucker {:-{

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: will or wont it
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 08:55:29 pm »

hi all, appears this issue has been sorted  O0 and im more wiser  %)

trucker

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 09:02:51 pm »

HI Trucker use this method all the time never been a problem just follow the info sent to you. I have enclosed a picture showing 4 wires for the mast lighting on Grand Banks.  One cable is two wires making 8 single wires in total. Making them into a rope will not short them out

Stan. 

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 08:59:27 am »

i want to have a small length of wire coming from my two spot lights that are on the out side and attached to the roof of my lifeboat, my existing set up the two wires i have running through a bit of shrink tube but it doesnt look right, too thick, so, im thinking of running two pieces of ultra thin copper enamelled wire through one piece of thin silicon tube, this looks more pleasing, but will the two copper enamelled wires short,

Trucker {:-{
The enamel is insulation.  As long as the enamel isn't damaged, which would allow the actual metal copper to touch, it will be fine.  Just don't scrape it or bend it too tightly, or twist it too tightly together.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.