Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action P98 Problem  (Read 1194 times)

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Action P98 Problem
« on: October 21, 2020, 12:33:33 pm »

Today I did a dry run to test p98 esc going into my mmm brackengarth with the t12 motor all wired up as per action diagram forward working fine but no reverse tried dip switches all ways no joy any body else had this problem

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
Re: Action P98 Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:52:05 pm »

P98 is usually very reliable - I can't remember the last one I had for repair where 'the fault' wasn't caused by the user.
First of all you can eliminate the possibility of a faulty motor by connecting it directly to the battery in each direction in turn to make sure it actually does run both ways.
Then make sure you are supplying it with at least 5v via the receiver. Less than that and it might not switch from forward to reverse. Do note the instructions which tell you there's a delay between selecting forward and then reverse - you must centre the throttle stick and leave it there momentarily before changing direction. If all that fails and you're satisfied with the wiring connections you've made then it's probably faulty. Send it back to Comp-Shop for checking/repairing/replacement. The normal warranty T&C's will apply.

Dave M

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 01:01:18 pm »

Using  a p92 for power to radio and p98 motor only runs at one speed 12v input to p92 rang action no one in till Wednesday
Motor runs fine both ways on battery

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 01:30:51 pm »

Sorry but there's nothing I can add  to my earlier comments. It's clearly a matter for Comp-Shop so I suggest you pack it up and send it there. Diagnostics are a little difficult without the offending item on the bench.
DM

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 04:13:03 pm »

Just waiting on phone call from them
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.