Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC  (Read 1650 times)

BOMER

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
RC
« on: October 26, 2020, 02:13:31 pm »

Hi could I please have some advice on which would be a suitable

Hi could I get information on a suitable radio control system for a Victorian steam launch.[size=78%]  [/size]

Thanks

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RC
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 08:48:24 pm »

Hi,
Any 2 channel radio equipment should sort you problem, 2.4 Ghz would be best as you will have no problems using your boat with other radio users.
Do you have a steam plant installed or electric, if electric you will need a speed controller
 Cornwall model boats (see their website will be able to help with the RC equipment)

hope this helps, greater minds than mine will fill in the blanks
Steamed up all the time

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 01:57:40 pm »

The details are a little sparse.  Is this a steam launch with a live steam engine, or is it electric driven?

If live steam, can you both control engine speed and select forward/reverse with a single movement?  If not, you will need an additional channel to change from forward to reverse, so 3 channels is the minimum you need (steering, speed and fwd/rev).  If you have any other working features (a whistle for example) you will need another channel. Fortunately, there are some quite cheap multi-channel sets available, such as this one.

If electric, then you will only need two channels, unless again you have other features (lights?) you want to control.

That's the best I can do without some more information.

Greg

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 09:09:07 am »

Yeah what Greg said and if I were you I would get a 2.4g multi channel set just like the one in Greg's link You don't have too use all the channels but if you are any thing like me you'll need them eventually.  :-))

Joe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 23 queries.