Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My hat off to captain and crew.  (Read 1008 times)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
My hat off to captain and crew.
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:38:52 am »

How was your ferry crossing  ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PytXU6yiCaM
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: My hat off to captain and crew.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:13:36 pm »

Bloomin' heck! I was going to say I wouldn't fancy driving a car on and then a couple of motorbikes boarded!

A small Scottish ferry going out to one of the islands, where I had to sit on the bike, in gear and holding the brakes on now and again, due to the sea being a little rough was enough for me!

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 01:27:35 pm »

I think it is normal procedure, I had to do the same in the 60s and it was flat calm. nemesis

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 11:17:43 pm »

Once watched the old St Ola trying to berth in Stromness in a force 9 crosswind. They gave up after snapping a couple of mooring lines and went to stand off in Scapa Flow for a few hours till things died down a bit. Whole ship still stank of vomit when we finally boarded in the evening, must have been a bit lively in the Flow.

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 11:09:58 am »

I was aboard the Norland (Pre her Falklands adventure) on the way into Hull one VERY rough November morning, and they made three attempts to enter that very narrow, angled lock into the Inner Basin there. First attempt ended in a ramming of the gate to starboard, the second ended in a ramming of the lock entrance to port, and the third came to a rapid halt about a foot away from the gate again!

After that the Captain thought better of it all and stood away off Spurn Head for maybe 3-4 hrs till it calmed down a bit. The whole occasion was notable for me as I was the ONLY passenger who showed up for breakfast that morning.  :-)
Regards
Kit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.