Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lock Down Mlk II  (Read 1010 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Lock Down Mlk II
« on: October 31, 2020, 05:46:30 pm »

Effectiveness of different types of mask.

Colin

RST

Re: Re: In the News !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 06:25:24 pm »

Effectiveness of different types of mask.

Colin

Can you post a link to source please?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 06:32:02 pm »

There you go:

https://thorax.bmj.com/

The image was posted on another forum I belong to by a member with medical expertise concerning the effectiveness of masks.

Colin

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Davie Tait,
Scotland

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 06:59:06 pm »

Aye as if you see anyone coughing or sneezing with a mask on

RST

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 07:28:56 pm »

There you go:

https://thorax.bmj.com/

The image was posted on another forum I belong to by a member with medical expertise concerning the effectiveness of masks.

Colin

Thanks Colin,

No offence meant but it's important to know where the info comes from these days so we can read for ourselves, not just to blindly re-tweet (I believe that's what it's called!?).  Sore point for me maybe -one of my Mums district nurses on house call complained about my mask this past week and just wouldn't accept there were 2 layers of the right size cloth behind, then ANOTHER FP2 type filter I put in also, whilst she was only wearing one layer of material herself.  Nevermind, we also found out she hadn't appeared with sufficient sanitising, or disposed of her used PPE properly after the visit (we didn't know -we just had a call from the health board apologising afterwards so she must have said herself!).  Different nurse the next visit who seemed bang-on.

Rich

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 07:36:34 pm »

No offence meant but it's important to know where the info comes from these days so we can read for ourselves, not just to blindly re-tweet (I believe that's what it's called!?).

Quite agree, no offence taken. The link was on the bottom of the image though!  :-))

Colin

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Lock Down Again
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 08:00:57 pm »

It looks like our models will have dry bottoms for a while longer most of the clubs in my area are closed.  Models suffering from duff batteries seized prop shafts and clubs finances taking a hit just to name a few problems due to covid. On line sales will once again go through the roof and who knows when this is all over some shops may just operate on line services. We all agree we have missed the shows visiting other clubs and all the makes our hobby so enjoyable. Lets hope that 2021  sees us turning the corner and allow us all to start to rebuild our hobby and meet once again friends and fellow builders. So until then stay safe and crack on with those new projects.

Stan. Makes you feel like <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( But things will get better :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lock Down Mlk II
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 11:50:00 pm »

My daughters fish pond (she lives on the other side of Dieppe) has now enough water in for my small boats.....but my fast flash steam straight running boats may be better with wheels...these are sad time times my friends....keep safe  :-)
Steamed up all the time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.