Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lock Down Again  (Read 1877 times)

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Lock Down Again
« on: October 31, 2020, 08:08:46 pm »

It looks like our models will have dry bottoms for while longer most of the clubs in my area are closed.  Models suffering from duff batteries seized prop shafts and clubs finances taking a hit just to name a few problems due to covid. On line sales will once again go through the roof and who knows when this is all over some shops may just operate on line services. We all agree we have missed the shows visiting other clubs and all the makes our hobby so enjoyable. Lets hope that 2021  sees us turning the corner and allow us all to start to rebuild our hobby and meet once again friends and fellow builders. So until then stay safe and crack on with those new projects.

Stan. Makes you feel like. <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(  but things will improve . :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))              

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Lock Down Again
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:34:22 pm »

Charge your batteries, rotate your propshafts once a month, take the chequebook/bank card off the Treasurer, and wear a mask...
Here's hoping for better days ahead :-))

Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

RST

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 09:06:12 pm »

My colleagues in Saint Quentin (outskirts of Paris) where I work went in to semi lock-down again this week. We are only a few weeks on the trend behind Europe.  No surprise really.  Every time I see a caravan or campervan on the roads up here in the Highlands I desperately worry why folk feel the urge to mix and we will never get through this why folk insit on doing it. It's very selfish.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 12:09:16 am »

RST we seem to have had a lot of Paris reg plates that were coming here for the weekends in the past few weeks and we have been in lockdown, as you say some very uncaring and selfish people out here.   <*<

Steamed up all the time

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 12:59:31 am »

Sorry but a motorhome is a self contained bubble and the perception that the occupants desire to mix could not be further from reality especially in the highlands. Many go to Scotland to wildcamp and have no desire to be with anyone else. The others go to sites that have Covid measures and distancing in place.
Nowt much better than Sango sands and the Northern lights as the end of one year and the start of another aproaches.
Unfortunately and not wishing to appear racist but all our visits to supermarkets lately we've encountered asian men without masks whilst their wives comply??? what is that all about  >:-o
ASDA in particular pay lipservice to ensuring customers comply but in reality the staff turn a blind eye.

It should be illegal to serve those who wont comply and if necessary employ bouncers
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

RST

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 01:23:17 am »

We will agree to disagree about people travelling in campervans and caravans and respecting not essential travel!!!

...I do agree though, there is a trend, I couldn't say and certain people who when do wear masks also that their nose is not included.  They are generally the most often people talking constantly on the phone and feel the need for everyone else to be included on the call being broadcast rather than simply put the phone up to their ear and talk quietly like a normal person.  By the way in France nobody talks on the phone -they do confrerence calls with all in sundry on speakerphone (why wouldn't everyone else not want to hear what's being said -or not to miss out on one person just shouting back in reply).

In Tesco today I was waiting in the customer services que, myself I hate going out -I am RIGID about the 2m social distancing rule (it's the simplest thing to abide by an hasn't changed up in Scotland since March!!!).  I watched one lady touch another person passing in front of me, then another two people touch, then the first lady squeezed back again and touched another 2 people to get past.  I was in the store for 1hr just picking up bits I could have gtot in 20mins, and I would say I wasted 20mins politely waiting for a clear path, but ignorants keep pushng in, which pushed me back.  I appeared on a couple of people and apologised, a couple of others asl could see me respecting distance and said "thanks" etc which was very welcome -I wish we could go back to full lock-down in terms of shops.  It was a much more civilised experience.

...One thing co-vid has taught me is my teaching of distance is wrong.  I never relised my forarm was 6' / 2m long!  Looks good for my little bits, but less likely I can brag about it in the near future!

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 08:34:51 am »

I haven't been in a shop/ pub/ cafe/ public building/ anyone else's house since Easter & I am not about to start now.

Are they really going to allow anything we gain in November to be squandered by partying at Christmas? We will see. That would make it by far the most expensive Christmas ever in all sorts of ways.

Unbelievably around here we have a food processing plant that has more than half its staff positive for Covid (and rising quickly) but is being kept open so as to not disrupt food supplies. They process 20% of all UK pork products. If anywhere needs a shutdown surely it is them.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 09:31:29 am »

Just about says it all.  How they deal with caravans and RVs in Cornwall:

"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Leaky Bottom

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 05:29:20 pm »

Just about says it all.  How they deal with caravans and RVs in Cornwall:
That's how the Cornish feel about the rest of the country even if there wasn't a pandemic
"Leave me alone I know what I'm doing"

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 05:46:35 pm »

That's how the Cornish feel about the rest of the country even if there wasn't a pandemic

{-) {-) {-) {-) %) %)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.