Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Styrene  (Read 4255 times)

davejo90

Re: Styrene
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2020, 08:47:53 am »

Hello Dave,
  To be honest I cant see why you want a glossy side I always buy matt both sides maybe you can tell me why, am I missing out you will find the bigger sheets better value.
                            Regards Howard.

I only ordered matt/gloss sheets as the option was there. If I wanted gloss for something it saves me buying another sheet if I have all matt etc.

The reason for the small sheets is storage for me my shed is quite small at 3m x 2m.

If you look here you will see why I have opted for the smaller sheets.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2020, 10:27:48 am »

Dave I wasn't being rude or having a go at you at all about the size of sheets you buy I was trying to be helpful be pointing out the bigger the sheets you can afford/ accommodate  the cheaper it will be, as for matt or glossy one side I have never wanted or needed a gloss side in 50 years of using styrene sheets I cant see any advantage of it  I love  to hear from any one that has, not in modelling anyway.
            Regards Howard. 

davejo90

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2020, 04:27:00 pm »

Dave I wasn't being rude or having a go at you at all about the size of sheets you buy I was trying to be helpful be pointing out the bigger the sheets you can afford/ accommodate  the cheaper it will be, as for matt or glossy one side I have never wanted or needed a gloss side in 50 years of using styrene sheets I cant see any advantage of it  I love  to hear from any one that has, not in modelling anyway.
            Regards Howard.

Hi Howard,

No I didn't think you were being rude at all. I just don't have space for 4ft x4ft sheets, the sizes I've pick I'll struggle to slot in, but wanted to get them now while the getting's good. I do appreciate your comment of cost verses size though
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.