Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My workshop  (Read 1866 times)

davejo90

My workshop
« on: November 03, 2020, 08:42:57 am »

Hi all,

In another thread I was asked, by Howard, why I went for the smaller cuts of styrene. So with that in mind I thought I'd share with you my shed.

This is the outside, as you can see I have the right side and the wife has the left.

The next photos are from the inside, the first photo is from my sheet storage area, as you can see there's not a lot of room, in fact as you look around there is not a lot of room for anything, but I make do and that's why I make smaller models.

That's it. I have to make room now for the bandsaw which arrives this week sometime.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My workshop
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 08:58:27 am »

What model Bandsaw are you getting?
You've packed in quite a few tools I see!
Certainly well stocked Dave.
Cosy.

N.

davejo90

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 09:21:33 am »

What model Bandsaw are you getting?
You've packed in quite a few tools I see!
Certainly well stocked Dave.
Cosy.

N.

Hi Nordlys

I've ordered this one here. I also ordered the spare blades, except the stone one which I have to be honest I thought that could be a typo at £130, but I have found out it's not

The reason why I went for the Proxxon is apart from almost all my small bench tools are Proxxon and I think they are great tools.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 10:16:40 am »

That's not a Shed....more like a miniature Department store   O0  with lot's of Proxxon wood working equipment  :-))  ...

You are a lucky Man.......is that 5 units of that Proxxon Brand I see [which includes the KGS80 tucked away on a lower shelf?]

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 11:49:01 am »

I went for an Axminster band saw when I was setting up my workshop, I have a bit more room but
whatever make, its the most useful tool I have bought. Not just for modelling!
N.

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 03:48:51 pm »

It's like the Tardis, bigger on the inside than the outside! Nice set-up.

You've got more space and modelling tools than I've got (only have a scroll saw), I'm using our smallest bedroom. All my DIY tools are in the garage.

When you say small, how small are your models generally?

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

davejo90

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 04:12:37 pm »

That's not a Shed....more like a miniature Department store   O0  with lot's of Proxxon wood working equipment  :-))  ...

You are a lucky Man.......is that 5 units of that Proxxon Brand I see [which includes the KGS80 tucked away on a lower shelf?]

Derek

Yes at the moment I have 5 Proxxon machines with the bandsaw coming I took them of the shelves to cut the bases down so they don't take up so much room. So here they are, and a couple of other makes still on the shelves

davejo90

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 04:23:49 pm »

It's like the Tardis, bigger on the inside than the outside! Nice set-up.

You've got more space and modelling tools than I've got (only have a scroll saw), I'm using our smallest bedroom. All my DIY tools are in the garage.

When you say small, how small are your models generally?

Chris

I have only made 1 boat but over time I have created various wooden bits like dolls houses, a castle, bird boxes, some of it quite amateurish but some bits I'm quite proud of, have a look here .

Apologies if I shouldn't post that I didn't see any rules against it.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 06:18:26 pm »

Hello Gents,
 I've all ways been lucky in that before we moved four years ago we had a big 4bedroom house and we only had one daughter so always had  a modelling room daughter flew the nest and got married so bought new places in a small village she bought a huge house and we had a bungalow built across from her drive but I lost my big garage and model room so said if we was moving I wanted the smallest of the three bedrooms  for another for my winter model room and the garage for my big model room no cars allowed just all my model stuff and tools plus paint booth oh and my maxiscooter so I feel very very lucky by what some guys have to make do with the garage is part of the bungalow so cavity insulated the roof to and I put 1 inch rubber 8ftx4ft sheets on the floor so warm and must things don't break if I drop it( even made room for two beer coolers lol)
         regards Howard.

davejo90

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 07:54:17 am »

I forgot all about the Proxxon DB 250 lathe. I had a thought that I could use the lathe to turn something and then thought where is it and I found it on the bottom shelf at the back behind some other stuff, just shows how often I've used it

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 09:53:56 am »

That's a lot of proxxon machinery, 7 items including bandsaw.!
I think you've covered the entire range of tools Dave.
Rather well equipped I'd say.
N.

davejo90

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 04:15:33 pm »

That's a lot of proxxon machinery, 7 items including bandsaw.!
I think you've covered the entire range of tools Dave.
Rather well equipped I'd say.
N.

Hi Nordlys,

You're right about the Proxxon tools, but I was looking at a benchtop thicknesser/planer a few weeks ago, but right now, as you can probably appreciate I'm a little tight for space

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 04:21:41 pm »

That's a great machine for recycling used timber. Certainly I would like one but I would be concerned about sawdust
unless you have a decent extractor on hand.
N.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.