Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Modelling tools

Small size drill set

<< < (2/3) > >>

grendel:
got 2 of those- the lidl version

John R Haynes:
I bought this set of drills in the case and when tried to use some found that all the drill ends were cut square and blunt ie not tapered to a point therefore making them unusable and a waste of money . Anybody else had the same experience ?

TailUK:
I have to concur with John on this. My experience with these drill sets is that the quality isn't great.  They
do work but only in non resistant materials.  I broke one getting it off the sellotape that was holding the bundle of drills together

roycv:
Hi Umike, I have a very similar set of drills right down to a size where they are bundled together so they do not get lost.  I bought mine for £10 at one of the Model engineer exhibitions at Allexander Palace.  I did not realise how important the clear plastic cover was in keeping the drills together and in place so some of mine are a bit mixed up, but excellent drills.
regards
Roy

roycv:
Hi, the only time I use the very small drills 0.5mm is through a jig already drilled to fit.  I was drilling 1mm brass tubing (as stanchions) and the 0.5 drill for feeding the handrails through.  Never lost a drill.
Roy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version