Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Attaching photos  (Read 3308 times)

peterpan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Attaching photos
« on: November 07, 2020, 02:45:38 pm »

Hi all,
It seems to be very involved to attach photos to a post. Searching for help comes up with lots of different, often conflicting advice and i cant make any of it work
 I accept it may be my very old gray matter but is there one clear set of up to date instruction on the site for doing this.
Peter

barriew

• Full Mayhemer

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Attaching photos
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:37:27 pm »

Hope you have better luck with this than me.

I've tried several times to set up an image account, but I never get the activation email.

When I've posted to ask why I'm having problems, I get told to ask the admins. Problem with that though - I can't find a way of contacting admin. When I asked how to contact admin, I got no replies.

peterpan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 12:52:49 pm »

This is a test photo to see if  I have cracked adding photos

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 01:00:09 pm »

Ooooh.... Nice boat!

(Obviously the picture attachment worked  :-)) :-)) )

Greg

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 01:06:42 pm »

Hope you have better luck with this than me.

I've tried several times to set up an image account, but I never get the activation email.

When I've posted to ask why I'm having problems, I get told to ask the admins. Problem with that though - I can't find a way of contacting admin. When I asked how to contact admin, I got no replies.

I am sure Martin reads every post, but in case he misses yours, I suggest you send a PM to him.  Find his name on a post or thread - Martin [Admin] - and click on the name (open the ChitChat page - his name appears a lot there).  His info page opens up and under his name you will see a small envelope icon.  Click on that and you will open a page where you can send him a message. He is pretty good at replying.

Greg

peterpan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 01:35:58 pm »

This is all down to Stan who messaged me and last night explained on the phone l how he does it. Soooo simple without using any addition software if you have windows 10.
I will follow this shortly with and explination.

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 02:44:49 pm »

I am sure Martin reads every post, but in case he misses yours, I suggest you send a PM to him.  Find his name on a post or thread - Martin [Admin] - and click on the name (open the ChitChat page - his name appears a lot there).  His info page opens up and under his name you will see a small envelope icon.  Click on that and you will open a page where you can send him a message. He is pretty good at replying.

Greg

Thanks for the info.

I've sent Martin a message - or at least, I think I did. I typed it all in, clicked "send", and the screen changed back to his profile page.
I didn't get anything to say "message sent"?

davejo90

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 04:56:18 pm »

Thanks for the info.

I've sent Martin a message - or at least, I think I did. I typed it all in, clicked "send", and the screen changed back to his profile page.
I didn't get anything to say "message sent"?

Hi Peter,

To see if you have sent the PM, click on 'Messages' at the top of the page. Then in the next window highlight or ckick on 'Messages' again but this time the one that's next to 'Action' & 'Preferences' when you do that you should see 'New Message' 'Inbox' and 'Sent Items' if you sent the message it should be there.

If it's not then go to 'Preferences' then 'Change Settings'. When the new window opens make sure there is a tick in the box for 'Save a copy of each personal message in my Sent Items by default'.

Then try again.

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 05:49:06 pm »

Looks like Martin has sorted the account for me - thanks.

I can now click on the "upload image" button, browse to the image on my iMac and select it, click on it to resize to less than 800x600, and click the upload button without any errors.
Unfortunately, the pic still doesn't show in this post or the preview.

After clicking the "upload" button, I don't get a link showing at all on the post, just a blank post. No link, no pic

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 06:21:18 pm »

HI peterpan  this my 1/16 scale D U K W also my second fishing boat. Pictures of the fishing boat by kind permission of D Roberts. Once you get sorted this a sample of what  could you show to fellow members and of course the world.

Stan

Stan[size=78%].[/size] :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65504.0.html
https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55460.msg623932.html#msg623932

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 06:46:03 pm »

OK, if I go into the image uploader thing and click on my account, I can see my photos - 5 of them that I've uploaded as a test.

So, the uploader and hosting bit is working, I just can't get the pics into a post.

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 06:54:39 pm »

The only way I can get it to to work is by finding the image on the image hosting site and right click/copy image address, then clicking the "insert image" button on the post, and pasting the image address into the "image location" popup window:

Not sure why it isn't working automatically when I follow the video on the "how to" post?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 07:08:31 pm »

Hi Peter,

1. The Forum software is pretty  old and half-hearted support Attaching photos
2. modelboatmayhemimages.co.uk is a work around to load photos to posts. It mainly works but is not at all elegant solution....
3. When using modelboatmayhemimages.co.uk try  a space and a return in the post 1st.... that unusual helps!!   %%

M
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 07:09:53 pm »

"space"
"return"

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 07:11:35 pm »

The only way I can get it to to work is by finding the image on the image hosting site and right click/copy image address, then clicking the "insert image" button on the post, and pasting the image address into the "image location" popup window:

If that works for you ...  :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 07:14:50 pm »

Now tell us about your New York tug!     O0

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 07:22:38 pm »

It's a Dumas Carol Moran 1/72 kit, 18" long. I added a few aftermarket parts - portholes and stanchions - and made some window frames to replace the vinyl stickers that came with the kit.

Running a 2830 brushless motor on 2s LiPo.

It was the second plastic boat that I've built, finished a few months ago.
I've not tried it on the lake yet, as it'll need a pretty calm day I think being so dinky.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 07:43:36 pm »

As a general aside, the picture posting procedures are shown based on users running windies . I am running Apple Mac Safari and the procedure does not run and display as laid out in the manner described for windows . I am able to load and post images OK but I think what I am doing is a bit of a workaround and is more involved than the windows procedure . If anyone else is running Safari and has trouble ask and I will try to log my method.

And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

clockworks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2020, 10:41:29 am »

As a general aside, the picture posting procedures are shown based on users running windies . I am running Apple Mac Safari and the procedure does not run and display as laid out in the manner described for windows . I am able to load and post images OK but I think what I am doing is a bit of a workaround and is more involved than the windows procedure . If anyone else is running Safari and has trouble ask and I will try to log my method.

I'm interested in knowing how you post photos please.
I use an iMac and Safari

peterpan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 12:28:22 pm »

Hi Thanks everyone for responses and great photos which have helped me understand a bit the situation with photos. (I think )
I am using windows and will now use a simple process that worked for the test photo i sent and hopfully as will be demonstrated by the photes i will attach here.

I resize my photos using Paint in Windows 10 and save then in a in a seperate folder so that they are easy to locate and dont get mixed up with other photos. This is a very easy and quick procedure.
I then add to post direct from this folder by using the Attachments and other options / Browse boxes.
Preview and Spell Check dont seem to be work wether there is an attachment or not so fingers crossed i will now post.
Peter

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 01:40:41 pm »

Hi Peterpan  Glad I have been able to help you with pictures. I have found the windows /paint way of resizing pictures is so easy and easy to apply to mayhem.

Stan :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

peterpan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 02:53:48 pm »

Hi StanMany thanks for all your help time and effort you put into getting me on the right track. Its really appreciated and will enable me to make full use of the forum in the future.
Stay safe
Peter

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2020, 03:42:39 pm »

I peterpan that is as nice a Bruma as I have seen.  Does she sail as well?
Roy

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2020, 04:17:44 pm »

I'm interested in knowing how you post photos please.
I use an iMac and Safari

OK.  For users with iMac's and running Safari. Who cannot get the windows photo posting instructions to work ! Are you sitting comfortably ?
  You will have of  course have to have registered with the hosting page and logged in , this is all as set out for windows at

https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,61103.0.html   It is worthwhile clicking the "remember me" for the password
[size=78%]

Now.
    1 From the post reply or new post dialogue box , left click the green icon with the up arrow near top of page >

2   On the page that opens left click on " download image "  this opens your image library of the computer but you may have to navigate the menu scroll on the left 
         to find where the one you want is hosted.( Usually it will be the bottom menu " Media Photo's )>

3 Double left click on the image you want.>

4 New page will upload,  left click on green upload image button again. A new page will open, at the top R.H. side their will be 4 options, left click on the third
       which will have your user name on it.> From the drop down menu left click on "My Profile "which will open your library of uploaded images

5 Left click on the image you want and it will open again enlarged in a black frame.

6 Left click on the image again and the frame will change , on this below the image, at the left will be "embed codes" in smallish print. Left click on this and a series     
       of 12 codes will appear below.  Choose the eighth (HTML full image BBC Code)   move your curser over it and to the right "copy" will appear , left click on this.

7 Now go back to the original post box by pressing page back or post reply on the header bar , place curser in post box , left click and then right click on paste and         
        the code will appear.

Now either post or preview first to see the image is as you want it.

[/size]
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.