Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone had chemo? How was it?  (Read 5938 times)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Anyone had chemo? How was it?
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2020, 05:23:06 pm »

Well I'm guessing I'm at near maximum chemo dose concentration today - five days since infusion and with parallel chemo pills every day -  I feel utterly knackered!  :o
I cannot believe how wiped-out I feel - just cannot function.    Appetite is ok, but wow - I'm just so weak!
On the plus side, the huge skip left the driveway yesterday with a lifetime's accumulated obsolete junk and 'stuff' on board so that personally-worrying job is done - everything left is now manageable.    Just got a small pile of shredding to do - when I feel the inclination.   O0

DBS88

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2020, 08:10:32 pm »

Hopefully you will now be able to have some better days with a bit more energy, well done for ticking items off your to do list, we are here walking every step of the way with you, admiring your courage and honesty as you face this greatest of all challenges.

RST

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2020, 08:46:42 pm »

Hi,

My best wishes with you.  My Mum's still going through it also with some cock-ups 2 weeks ago including her PICC line coming out for a week which put us out of kilter but meh 'tis what it is (the home nurses have been pretty bad to be honest, unqualified even we found since).  I can only empathise with you as I'm doing as much support for my Mother.  If it's any help to you keep eating and I've been pumping fruit and veg in to her at least twice a day.  Her skin broke out so have been out for Aveeno (seems a common problem and available on prescription) and Piriton amongst others.  We had bloods last week that apparently said it was going the best it could -but she's whacked out after a week's break.  Can't fight the fatigue, she sleeps uncontrollably half of the afternoon.  Take care of your hands!  That's one thing she's having major sensitivity in and can't go near anything cold anywhere.  Her fingers don't work properly and nails / fingertips are sore so look after them I guess.

You've only been in it a couple of weeks, hopefully you'll be like us and find things improve after a few treatments.  I hope my comments spur you on as I watch your thread with pain but hope it works out for you.  My thoughts are with you!

Richard

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2020, 07:37:00 am »

I really appreciate the support and encouragement from everyone - it means a lot to me.
The fatigue is unreal - you can't fight it.       I've mentioned the cold sensitivity too - it's very odd to suddenly be getting painful electric shocks because I tested tap-water temperature with my finger.
I am finding my fair share of incompetent nurses - and bone-idle, lazy, conniving, work-shy dossers who are using the covid restrictions to literally get away with murder because relatives are not on the scene witnessing their inaction.        I've even just received a very, very late letter from a registrar with clearly doctored details to try to avoid a negligence case - naturally, 'unsigned to avoid delay'.    %)   

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2020, 08:26:18 am »

From what you write I am so glad that I am in Australia.  The nursing staff at the hospital are very conscientious and if not fully occupied will pop round to the next ward to see if they can help out.
At the moment I am immunocompromised  and off some of the chemo until I get back to normal.  I have not felt this good for 3 months.    :} Very tired though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.