Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHG Model Supplies  (Read 4178 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
SHG Model Supplies
« on: November 14, 2020, 02:29:09 pm »

SHG Model Supplies
Pinfold Lane
Wheaton Aston
Stafford
ST19 9PD

Dear Customers,

S.H.G Model Supplies will cease its direct telephone and email mail order business on Monday 30th November 2020.

After 33 years of supplying to modellers, S.H.G.Model supplies has reluctantly decided that it is not possible to continue
its full telephone & email mail order service that has been the basis of its business in that time.

S.H.G. Model Supplies is a family run business and as we are now past retirement age, coupled with the problems
the Corona Virus Pandemic has brought, such as a halt to the shows and exhibitions and the fact that most of our staff,
being of a senior nature, have had to shield during the last 6 months, we have reached the point where we have had to
seriously rethink the future of the business. S.H.G Model Supplies will continue to trade with its eBay store

Please log on to:-https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/shgmodelsupplies

This was started some time ago to test the waters, our eBay store has become a big part of our current sales and it has been
decided that this is a viable way to continue supplying items to modellers anywhere in the world. From our perspective, it is
also fairly easy to maintain as orders can be processed quickly, with appropriate paperwork being automated. Many of our
everyday items are already listed on our eBay store and over the coming weeks and months more of our products will appear
in listings. This sadly means that we will no longer be able to provide the personal touch of speaking with customers, however,
we are trying to include as much technical information in our eBay listings as possible, so that if you buy an item, the listing
will prompt you for the appropriate things needed to go with the item should you require them.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers for supporting us over the years, some of whom have been
dealing with us for almost as long as we have been in business. Many of our customers are like old friends and we will miss the
interaction we have with you over the phone and at the shows.

S.H.G Model Supplies will take last telephone& email orders on Monday 30thNovember 2020, these orders will be processed
over the week or so following. May we both take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of health for the future.

Best wishes,
Susan & Jerome Grainger
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: SHG Model Supplies
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 02:39:35 pm »

Now that is a real shame as my Dad and I used to enjoy talking to Susan and Jerome at the shows and over the phone. A fantastic pair who were always there to help, glad that the business is going to continue but their physical appearance will be missed. We wish you luck in the eBay business, I’ll add you to my saved sellers for future purchases.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 03:23:43 pm »

Totally agree with the comments made. Sadly this news along with Slipways retirement  will not be the last trader we see taking a backward step. Thankfully we still can use the e/bay link to S H G.  I would like to wish them both the very best for the future and thank them for all the input they have made to our hobby over the years. You will both be missed at future shows.

Stan <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 07:44:48 pm »

When I can remember the shenanigans that went on at the Sandown Park Model Show with all of us traders upstairs, you suddenly remember how long Sue and Jerome have been selling, face to face, with the boating public. I can only imagine how busy they have been through this year, supplying the bored and locked down modellers with a multitude of models and accessories. They have truly deserved a bit of a rest! Just a bit mind!

Best of luck with the online world.

From Alan and the members of the Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team :-))
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 08:09:24 pm »

With the Chinese having bought up most of the worlds supplies of balsa wood, one wonders how many kit manufacturers will find it difficult to continue, especially in the aircraft world.

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 10:01:59 pm »

You have supplied my modelling needs for many years thank you  Bill...

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 02:41:05 pm »

Sue & Jerome, many thanks for supplying me with parts for my boats.i purchased my first radio set
From you over 20 years ago. It is sad that you are retiring from the shows but like everyone you
Need to retire or semi retire and enjoy Your life together. That’s more important.
Good luck in all you do.Thank you for all the help over the years.

John

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 02:29:25 pm »

I would like to wish all the best to Sue & Gerome. I have chatted to them and purchased from them (both at shows and on the phone) for many years. I will miss seeing you at the shows.
Wishing you both all the best for the future.

Steve Dean - Commentator & Pool Mast (IMBS)

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
Any other contact options?
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 11:23:07 am »

Has anyone had recent dealings with SHG via their ebay shop recently?

I was hoping to get some of their propshafts with extended shafts but they haven't responded to a question I sent via the ebay contact system over two weeks ago specific to that item nor to one I sent direct to seller earlier this week.  I do hope all is well with them in these tricky times ...

Does anyone have any other means of contacting them so that I can confirm all is well and if they can supply the modified shafts?

Thanks

Francis

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 12:13:50 pm »

Hi Allnightin  please send your message again they should pick it up. If you are having problems sent me a pm

Stan

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 12:42:13 pm »

Thanks Stan - message sent again

Francis

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 10:09:38 am »

Did they not say something about only working through their ebay outlet

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 11:19:48 am »

That's right and my messages were via the ebay contact seller route.  All sorted now thanks to Stan passing heads up
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 22 queries.