Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precedent 31. 1/11 scale 34" long Fibre Glass Hull. Forty quids worth!  (Read 8523 times)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: Precedent 31. 1/11 scale 34" long Fibre Glass Hull. Forty quids worth!
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2020, 05:19:59 pm »

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking your thread Bob but just wanted to follow up on previous posts.

Having finished drawing up the sides and the front and rear windows I've mocked up the front to make sure it looks Ok before committing to ply. I've photographed straight on to get the right perspective rather than looking down. I could reduce the height by a couple more mm but want to make sure I've got enough timber below and above the side windows so will leave it there. It will look different with the frames in as well. Now back to the Swordsman to draw up the same parts.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
Re: Precedent 31. 1/11 scale 34" long Fibre Glass Hull. Forty quids worth!
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2020, 05:37:47 pm »

Thats more like it Chris! :-))

Your picture is very much relevant to this Huntsman 31 thread and it shows exactly what this lovey looking craft should look like.

The roof line will follow the top of the cab front and will make your model look much more like the real thing.

I will be making something very similar when I rebuild the superstructure on my 34" Precedent model.

Many thanks for sharing your picture with us (nice varnish too!)

Bob.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.