Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos of Robust, Roysterer or Rolicker  (Read 4067 times)

Mr Bumble

• Shipmate
  • Still looking for my sea legs !
Re: Photos of Robust, Roysterer or Rolicker
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 07:19:25 am »

Andy (Marinemole)..... Can't Thank You enough for these photos, Top man :-))

With regards to the teak planking on the foredeck, does anyone know how far it extended around the superstructure ?

I spoke with Justin at Fleetscale on Friday and he's posted it out that day, so should be with me over the weekend or Monday.... O0  Yaeee, it looks like Christmas may come a couple of weeks early in our house...... can't wait to get started.
One small snag has been pointed out to me by my good lady.... The dinning room table isn't to used as a work bench until after the festive period <*< ..... >>:-( .... {-) {-) {-) 

Pete

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 02:56:31 pm »

Teak on the foredeck went aft and across the back of the funnels. The bit under the davits were not timbered but seem to remember cement was laid there, but have slept many times since those days so memory not brilliant.

Mr Bumble

• Shipmate
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 02:10:02 am »

Dodes.... Thank you for that, looks like the coffee shops might be short of some stirring sticks over the next few weeks.... :o :police:

She finally turned up today, 8 weeks to the day of placing the order, looks like it was worth the wait  :-))

Pete

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 03:47:20 pm »

Found this one off Robust, as new probably on builders trials as she is registered with London, which at the time was unusual as all PAS/RMAS craft were MoDn unregistered vessels.

Mr Bumble

• Shipmate
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2020, 04:22:21 am »

Dodes....Thank you, that's a nice shot of the stern and the life boats. I've decided that my build will be with the lifeboats and not the RIB so now looking for lifeboats and davits, looking at MMM they have some that look similar but don't know if they will be tall enough.
Can you remember if the lifeboats were double ended ? Looking at the photos I think possible there were, but not sure!

Does anyone know what paint would be a good light grey colour match for the superstructure and a green for the deck.... Thank you in advance.

On that note, I'd like to wish Mayhemers the world over a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy 2021.

Pete

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2020, 11:55:54 am »

Davits standard luffing davits using hydraulic rams, the life boats standard D.T.i double ended lifeboats with florescence orange along top of gunnel if I remember correctly, as Rolloicker still had them when I sailed in her 1977/78.

Mr Bumble

• Shipmate
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2020, 02:36:10 pm »

Dodes..... Thank you :-))
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.