Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transmitter options  (Read 1509 times)

davejo90

Transmitter options
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:01:10 pm »

I wonder if you would cast your eyes over the 3 sets in the links.

I was thinking about the conversations we had in the other thread relating to keep or not and I've decided I'd like a set to keep and then if I sell buy a cheaper set to sell with the model.

Flysky here

Etrogo here

GoolRC here

At present the Flysky is in my basket.

Another question: Do the receivers normally come with the Tx unit

rob

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Transmitter options
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 05:28:50 pm »

The Flysky is £38 on eBay
And of the three , it’s my choice

in my own little world

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 06:36:23 pm »

I have the Turnigy TGY-i6, which is the Flysky with a different badge.  I like it a lot, but I haven't any experience of the other two so cannot make any comparison.  And yes, you normally get one receiver when you buy a transmitter.  You might want to check availability and price of extra receivers though, if you plan to keep this for your growing model collection. 

Greg

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 07:31:06 pm »

From the pictures shown the GoolRC is a bottom end FlySky set. Both it and the Etrogo are very basic with only servo reversing switches and have no programming or memory for several models, you either need a new transmitter for each model or have to do a lot of set up to make all of your models identical as far as servos in the boat. The FlySky 6 is a more modern computer set which is more flexible and has several memories so each boat's setup can be stored and only one transmitter is needed.Definitely go for the FlySky, receivers are easily obtained when you build another boat. It is also using the AFDHS 2A protocol which is the latest version used by FlySky, the GoolRC is using the earlier protocol so receivers may be harder to find.Don't just go by cost, it is often better to spend a bit more at the start than find the cheapest option doesn't do all you need and have to then spend more to buy the better one later.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

davejo90

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 10:19:40 pm »

Thanks very much guys, I'll go with the Flysky  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.