Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galicia - a new ship for Brittany Ferries  (Read 1071 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Galicia - a new ship for Brittany Ferries
« on: November 27, 2020, 10:39:29 am »

Brittany Ferries have just taken delivery of their new ferry Galicia. One of a class of E Flexers built in China the ship is actually owned by Stena but under long term charter to Brittany Ferries and fitted out to BF specification.

Quite a large ship at 42,000 gross tons, Galicia will be employed mainly on the Portsmouth to Santander service with a weekly return voyage from Portsmouth to Cherbourg.

The link below is to a video made for BF to showcase the ship which it does very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cjqmhyb8s&feature=youtu.be

Colin

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Galicia - a new ship for Brittany Ferries
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 04:21:40 pm »

"Here your brand new ship, on budget & on time & here's your bill = 175,000,000.... cash or cheque?"   {:-{

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 04:52:42 pm »

I have a soft spot for Brittany Ferries.. It was a few years back now but I remember it well . We were taking some furniture over to Dinard and had hired a Tranny for the purpose but had booked it at short notice and no cabins to be had .  The journey was an overnight one  about 12 hours, once out of Pompey it does the trip on tickover.  When loaded we had a meal and then looked for somewhere to rest for the night,  but everywhere was stuffed with people settled for the night all the longe seating and benches occupied . You can't spend 10 hours on a restaurant chair as we soon found out. Finally we ( wife and i ) despaired and tried to bed down on the deck of a lower corridor not looking forward to a painful night. Shortly a steward happened along and seeing us beckoned and led us to a cabin door and ushered us in . I assume the cabin was one kept kept spare or someone had not made it.  In the morning , having had a good nights sleep I found the steward to thank him and tried to give him a tip but he would not accept it. It's things that that you remember.
The early bird catches the worm.
But it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 04:49:44 pm »

When I saw a pic of her in our local rag , she did look very business like rather than like some of the new cruise vessels which look like very tall high rise flats floating by.
Pages: [1]   Go Up