Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: tvlicence  (Read 4117 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: tvlicence
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2020, 10:38:17 am »

To Me the bbc is no longer fit for purpose.
Until the Goverment make it no longer a criminal offence to not pay your TV lience there not many options if you have a TV.
One I did hear. If every one did it . It will screw the bbc. Give them 12 post dated checks. This means it will cost them a lot more to get the money.

John

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2020, 11:09:00 am »

Aye but Post dated cheques have no legal weight Tis the bank that decides whether to honour them.Also banks and their T&C 's may not  permit using post date

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2020, 11:11:10 am »

There is a solution and that is to record the commercial stuff and then view later with a fast forward on the adverts.
Being a sucker for Poirot there are some good shows.  Lately I have watched a more local TV channel London Live which has old B/W films from the 30s to the 50's and I enjoy seeing the background which is now becoming a part of our history.  Well mine anyway.  Some of them are awful plots but......

I agree with radio listening in a previous thread but would add in Classic FM, that is all my car radio is tuned into, well all except radio3 but their the music can be a bit obscure.
Roy

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2020, 11:24:39 am »

Even  better Roy if one can Record from catch up a lot have the adverts removed.I never watch live programmes bar lunchtime and teatime.The main thing  the the beeb annoys me is few if any of their catchups carry the   Surround sound if it was on the broadcast most others do,bar ITV  which never uses it on any of its channels including movies ironically too tight to pay Dolby licence.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2020, 12:38:15 pm »

95% of the time we record programs via Tivo BT box and generally watch only these with the odd viewing the news live, I spend more time channel hopping during the day only tivo recording when its something that I want to watch without adverts in, skipping adverts can be an art in it's self, skip to far forward and having to go back can be frustrating, tivo has the added benifit that if you miss what someone said then its easy enough to go back and watch the piece again.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2020, 01:25:38 pm »

Free money has allowed the BBC to encroach into areas far beyond their original remit and with no regard to efficiency.
They not only have a web presence, they have the largest web presence in Europe just because they can.

The only real answer is to stop all compulsory payments to them. Of course they won't go subscription because their number of viewers would fall far below their current scam.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2020, 02:52:19 pm »

Aye but Post dated cheques have no legal weight Tis the bank that decides whether to honour them.Also banks and their T&C 's may not  permit using post date
If I wright out 12 Checks for 2021. 1 for each month. Then send them to the bbc. They can not bank the check untill the month it is in. A bank will not aceppt a check for a date in the future. This keeps you both leagl and cost the bbc more money.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2020, 03:22:53 pm »

If I wright out 12 Checks for 2021. 1 for each month. Then send them to the bbc. They can not bank the check untill the month it is in. A bank will not aceppt a check for a date in the future. This keeps you both leagl and cost the bbc more money.

I doubt that it is legal. A TV licence has to be paid for in advance and is then issued for one year. By sending post dated cheques you have not paid for it and thus a licence would not be issued.

Just my opinion.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2020, 03:26:43 pm »

And it just makes things difficult for some poor underling somewhere who probably agrees with you anyway. The people who make the policy would never know about it.

Colin

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2020, 04:24:18 pm »

The solution is blissfully simple. If you object to paying a TV Tax/Licence then just don't pay it. In all probability "they" will never catch up with you. There's no need for juvenile rants or smug fantasies about acts of petty financial sabotage. As Colin says, no-one of any importance will know or care except the idiots you're trying to impress by suggesting such nonsense.
Just don't bother coming on here with your diatribes - they are selfish and pathetic. 

Dave M

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2020, 04:44:15 pm »

I think that it would be a very good idea if everyone calmed down regarding this topic.

We are on a Model Boat forum and this is a non modelling topic regarding which we are going to change nothing. It would be a great shame if we fell out over something we can do nothing about and is not why we are here anyway.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2020, 07:59:23 pm »

I doubt that it is legal. A TV licence has to be paid for in advance and is then issued for one year. By sending post dated cheques you have not paid for it and thus a licence would not be issued.

Just my opinion.

But yet you can pay Monthly by DD ?.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2020, 12:50:47 pm »

i am now  paying my licence weekly  with a paypal card

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2020, 01:06:42 pm »

Hi Regiment my friend is 101 now )still in his workshop) and I think I will suggest he does the same! :}
All the best
 Roy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.