Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help required to post pics from my Mac.  (Read 1429 times)

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
Help required to post pics from my Mac.
« on: December 08, 2020, 12:13:37 pm »

Hi, Can anybody help me to post pics from my Mac

I get to Attachments and other options

When I click on to that Attach comes up with choose file box  but no browser connection. so I am unable to bring pics from Desktop or any other File.

I would appreciate some help.

George.

DBS88

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Help required to post pics from my Mac.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:30:48 pm »

George the way I do it is to create a folder on the desktop eg steam engines, then from photos, highlight the photo or photos wanted, then from the file menu choose export, this gives you a menu to select photo kind - jpeg, file size - large, then press export, this gives you another menu so you can choose the location to export to - select the folder or location you wish to use  eg desktop or another folder you create for the job, eg steam engines. Once this is done you have the photos you want to use in a format and size that works for the Mayhem webpages. Then go ahead write your message and select attachments, this gives you a menu to find the folder you placed the photos in, then select the photo you want as an attachment and you should be good to go. Hope this helps, good luck. There may well be other ways and I am happy to learn from others who may do it another way.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 01:51:15 pm »

Hi, Can anybody help me to post pics from my Mac

I get to Attachments and other options

When I click on to that Attach comes up with choose file box  but no browser connection. so I am unable to bring pics from Desktop or any other File.

I would appreciate some help.

George.

George.  Don't go to attachments (at the bottom of the post box)  instead go to the GREEN SQUARE ICON at the top of the box.   Second row left hand end.  Click on this and and it will take you into the forum images library and a whole new world will open for you.   follow the instructions on the screen and if stuck go the thread I posted on Mac image posting a few weeks back.

Quote    OK.  For users with iMac's and running Safari. Who cannot get the windows photo posting instructions to work ! Are you sitting comfortably ?  You will have of  course have to have registered with the hosting page and logged in , this is all as set out for windows at https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,61103.0.html   It is worthwhile clicking the "remember me" for the password    Now:-.
   1 From the post reply or new post dialogue box , left click the green icon with the up arrow near top of page >   
   2   On the page that opens left click on " download image "  this opens your image library of the computer but you may have to navigate the menu scroll on the left to find where the one you want is hosted.( Usually it will be the bottom menu " Media Photo's )>
   3 Double left click on the image you want.>   
   4 New page will upload,  left click on green upload image button again. A new page will open, at the top R.H. side their will be 4 options, left click on the third which will have your user name on it.> From the drop down menu left click on "My Profile "which will open your library of uploaded images
   5 Left click on the image you want and it will open again enlarged in a black frame.   
   6 Left click on the image again and the frame will change , on this below the image, at the left will be "embed codes" in smallish print. Left click on this and a series of 12 codes will appear below.  Choose the eighth (HTML full image BBC Code)   move your curser over it and to the right "copy" will appear , left click on this.   
  7 Now go back to the original post box by pressing page back or post reply on the header bar , place curser in post box , left click and then right click on paste and  the code will appear.    Now either post or preview first to see the image is as you want it.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 07:40:01 pm »

Martin.

This does not work on a iMac machine ( or at least mine)  the way you outline on my machine when you press "upload" it just takes you back to the message box with no BBC code, you have to go back into the image screen by pressing the green button again and then hunt around for the correct code and copy and paste it

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 08:51:39 pm »

Try this site:   https://imgbb.com/

1.  You don't need to create an account but help searching for photos after the fact....

2. Click Start Uploading,

3. Select  Browse from your Computer

3. Select photo / photos from you computer,

4. Click upload,

5. Select BBCode full  &  Copy Link

6. PASTE Link into your post here on Mayhem   :-))

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 02:52:02 pm »

test pics

DBS88

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 02:54:07 pm »

George thats a successful test and a beautiful looking water pump

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 02:58:13 pm »

Hi Guys,
I think we have managed to post pics via my wife's laptop, and, of course, with her full help.
Now I shall try to duplicate the process.
Many thanks for your help.
George

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 04:24:03 pm »

test pics 2 of TVR engine

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 04:27:11 pm »

Many thanks guys. I can now post pics on my own laptop, problem now solved
George

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 07:20:56 pm »

Thanks Martin    That works a treat  I assume that " how to save high quality images " is an advertising blurb attachment

how to save high quality images
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.