Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proxxon motor  (Read 1931 times)

ukmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure
Proxxon motor
« on: December 13, 2020, 11:12:59 pm »

Hello.
I need a new motor for my aging and very well used Proxxon FBS 240e rotary tool which has finally given up the ghost following many years of faultless hard work.

I have contacted most of the obvious suppliers here in England including the U.K. distributer BriMarc and also Proxxon Germany, unfortunately, without success as they want almost as much as the cost of a new machine.
My question is this, does anyone know where else that I could find a motor before I buy a new machine. Needless to say it won't be a 240e as that model is quite old now and never uprated to the newer models which have better electronic speed control modules and motors.

Mike.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Proxxon motor
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 09:19:48 am »

Hi same goes for the on/off switch on my small circular saw.  Excellent product and been in use for about 15+ years.  The switch was too expensive and I found an identical one from China which has worked for the last 5 years. I think the one I bought was a fifth of the German price.  There is a high probabilty that they source China anyway.
Is the motor a Proxxon motor?  I know that if you get the code for it the data is on-line.  I have a couple of small ones, of which one is in use as a drive motor for a small boat and they are surprisingly powerful.
Regards
Roy

ukmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure
Re: Proxxon motor
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 04:02:35 pm »

Hi Roy.
Thanks for the information, have looked at the motor and the only labelling on it is the Proxxon part number which is the same as the manual parts list.
It actually runs at mains voltage but converted to D.C. which can be varied by the little speed knob.
As a matter of interest the lowest speed, i.e. No.5 uses 130 volts and the higher to setting the higher the voltage. Doesn't help of course, other than it seems that the motor can handle mains voltages but rectified.

Mike.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.