Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Manxman Maiden  (Read 1226 times)

pokherman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HMS Manxman Maiden
« on: December 14, 2020, 07:00:49 pm »

Well,

After quite some time I decided today was going to be the maiden voyage of my Hms Manxman kit I bought and built from Deans Marines.

The kit its self was the older pre lazer cut kit. Have to say I'm not disappointed in anyway with the kit. I really enjoyed building the boat..

The main man Ron is one hell of a knowledgeable guy who has helped me through a few sticky bits. Customer service from Deans marines is wonderful..

Its a 180 mile round trip for me to go up to the shop and back, and in my mind worth every mile.. I find i can just loose myself in looking at the kits while my mind wonders, thinking what one should i build next lol.. and on the plus side, Although Ron being a very busy man running the shop and building the kits etc is more than happy to talk ships and give brilliant advice..  So if you read this Ron,, Thankyou for all of your help and allowing me to see the kit being put together while i waited... 

I dont have much experience building boats let alone R/C scale ships.. My knowledge of war ships in general is beyond poor if im being hones lol.. but I dont think i did a bad job..

The boat still has some teething issues, and considering she was only running on one shaft she didnt go too bad.
one of the speed controllers stopped working for some strange reason, steering wasnt all that great but think she will be better on both shafts. and I might upgrade the motors to some faster ones, but again i will see what she is like on both props..

I have put a link to my post on the mayhem FB page as its easier to post pics and videos there.. so I hope the link works ok

(2) Facebook

Cheers Ian

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Manxman Maiden
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 04:22:31 pm »

Yes the link works fine. Lovely build and nice video.

Len.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.