Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 73565 times)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #600 on: July 21, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »

I can't remember, but it had three motors, and if I'm not kidding myself, Bill Kerr driving. Versatile fellow, after being Hancock's straight man (Tony 'ancock, not the recent one).
DeHavilland DHA-3 Drover

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #601 on: July 22, 2021, 10:57:59 am »

De Havilland  DHA-3 Drover? Didn't have a rippled skin. Think original in series had smooth engine  cowlings, photo in official F/D site shows side cheeks.

Regards  Ian
 Well done plastic, didn't see following page.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #602 on: July 22, 2021, 11:06:05 am »

Bill Kerr ''I'm only here for 4 minutes'' if I  remember and always had a newspaper in his hand in his stand up

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #603 on: July 22, 2021, 11:54:11 am »

My very hazy memory can imagine corrugated sides like the Ford Trimotor or Junkers JU-52. Might just be my imagination.

No corrugations then. Just goes to show how a childs memory is not reliable after 60+ years.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #604 on: July 22, 2021, 12:15:08 pm »

I guess you were thinking of the Anderson air raid shelter.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

RST

« Reply #605 on: July 23, 2021, 09:23:02 pm »

Well if it's any consellation I'm back in Paris to get to my desk in the office after a year (didn't find what I was looking for), and my apartmen is OK for the first time ever after absense so I should be OK to cancel the rent after it being unused the last year.  I jumped hurdles and red tape to get here and at the end of the day the authorities didn't care for anything as long as I was double jabbed.  No "mandatory" paperwork or procedure was checked apart from vaccination certificate, despite the "mandatory" forms and declarations to complete being handed out in the que before border control for the folk who didn't have them already.  My PCR test certificate was not required.  We'll see if it's any different coming back, I wasn't niaive enough not to have return tickets and pre-booked day 2 and 8 tests for mandatory amber+ 10 day isolation when I get back.

...regardless whether you agree or not, it seems double jabbed is the path to normality, and rightly so in some respects if they can't work it out between everyone.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2021, 01:32:07 am »

Just wear a mask! Over the mouth and nose!  Seriously I don't understand the revolt over the obligation to wear a mask....- by car, do you wear your seat belt?- on motorcycle do you wear a helmet?- in a boat do you wear a life jacket?- do you expect a surgeon to wear gloves, mask and a gown prior to operating on you?All this is mandatory in some countries. Do we feel controlled, is this a dictatorship???? 🙄🙄🙄When I wear a mask in public and in stores, I want you to know that...🔵 I am educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.🔵 No, I don't ′′ live in fear ′′ of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution not the problem.🔵 I don't feel like the ′′ government is controlling me ". I feel like an adult contributing to security in our society and I want to teach others the same.🔵 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.🔵 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or even ′′ controlled ". Makes me considerate!🔵 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or the opinion others have of you, imagine a loved one - a child, a father, a mother, a grandparent, an aunt, an uncle or even a stranger - placed under a respirator, alone without you or any family member allowed at his bedside.🔵 Ask yourself if you could have helped them out a bit by wearing a mask.I copied and posted, Who's going to do the same?

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #607 on: July 25, 2021, 10:08:09 am »

HERE HERE

I still wear my mask and I managed to collect plenty of blue rubber gloves from work when I was last in, so I wear them as well when I go in stores, I look weird with the gloves on and hand sanitise them as I enter - just in case that, what I pick up and put down does not transmit to something else I pick up and put down, they say common sense is crucial - more like common decency now, to think of others and the effect you have on their well being. Anti vaxers, more like Darwen candidates in my view, remember MY VIEW.  :police:
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #608 on: July 26, 2021, 01:05:31 am »

I see on the BBC News that a L.A. man who mocked the Covid virus has died so maybe it will change a few more non believers before they go the same way.  :embarrassed:

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #609 on: July 26, 2021, 01:18:07 am »

Brian......after some 10 months in virtual lockdown for the Public, in October 2020, I took on the challenge of applying and gaining a 'Service NSW - Covid-19 Safety Plan' for our Illawarra Live Steamers, then introducing the implementation of the requirements

This then allowed ILS to introduce Restricted Household Members runnings commencing on Sunday the 28th February 21

You would not believe the negativity and resistance displayed toward these requirements, [and yes...I still receive e-mails suggesting that Covid is a hoax]

ILS has now progressed into needing two differing registered SNSW Safety Plans, as the Government criteria did not have a template for a model steam group running trains in the open & under trees  <*< ......but under the current restrictions are now back in total lockdown  :police:

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2021, 02:15:17 am »

Derek, I can fully understand the reluctance of people to comply with the rules but the lack of their effort to avoid infecting others is beyond belief.   I can see if we have to go into a 6th. Melbourne lockdown because of the protesting idiots that they will be hunted down and transferred into the middle of the Nullabor.  <*<

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2021, 02:35:09 am »

Yes, some months ago I suggested that our Federal Government should offer  'nay sayers', a one-way ticket to the middle of the Simpson Desert......however this could be seen as inhumane O0

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #612 on: July 26, 2021, 05:37:47 am »

Yes, some months ago I suggested that our Federal Government should offer  'nay sayers', a one-way ticket to the middle of the Simpson Desert......however this could be seen as inhumane O0

Only to the wild life already there.  %%

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #613 on: July 29, 2021, 10:17:08 am »

At least covid is still relegating the Olympics to second place in the news.  %%

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #614 on: July 29, 2021, 02:20:35 pm »

At least covid is still relegating the Olympics to second place in the news.  %%

Cheer up !  your medal tally is more than ours for a change  (so far )
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2021, 07:39:45 am »

I found a great spot for the nay sayers, a lovely holiday camp at Maralinga !!!!
[/size]Canabus

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #616 on: July 30, 2021, 09:14:06 am »

Cheer up !  your medal tally is more than ours for a change  (so far )

But will they be out of isolation before the track and field events start, might see a couple of impaled pole vaulters soon  {-)
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

RST

« Reply #617 on: July 31, 2021, 10:39:36 pm »

I listened to an intersesting programme on radio 4 the last week called "The Moral Maze".  One of my regular weekly listenings.  This episode was basically about the change in the UK saying mass gatherings and parties including nightclubs can be allowed.  Essentially does a "party-goer" have the same rights to do what they want because essentially it's a "human right" for those involved to party without restriction whether it has concequences for anyone else or not.  My opinion is absolutely rigid, particularly as I'm looking after a sick person throughout the pandemic, but it was an interesting show to listen to to listen to people who think different, if not a little frustrating (actually damned hard to listen to their side of things and the blindingly obvious science behind it, I can't express my feelings here without moderation).

Rich

RST

« Reply #618 on: August 01, 2021, 02:17:30 am »

....Thankfully, we seem to have got past the BBC journalists (one guy with a Scottish accent I can't put a name to at least) complaining they had to miss watching their olympic events for quarantine instead because someone out there tested positive during travel.  It's not rocket science is it, if you have to chance 10-14 days isolation you just fly out before and assume you would have to do it and get over it first, if you don't it's a bonus? Maybe BBC wouldn't pay for anyone to sit in a hotel for a few days before the games if they were all in the clear.  It's all daft.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #619 on: August 01, 2021, 02:36:22 am »

The plague killed off a far higher proportion of the population than Covid.  >>:-(

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #620 on: August 01, 2021, 02:48:12 am »

It certainly did, Brian. Estimates of the death toll from the bubonic plague in the 14th century range from 75 million to 200 million, which would have been a high percentage of the world’s population at that time. However, medical science has advanced a huge amount since then. I’m confident that Covid-19 will eventually be controlled, but everyone needs to do the right thing and be vaccinated.

Peter.

RST

« Reply #621 on: August 01, 2021, 03:08:24 am »

I farted and hicuped at the same time yesterday, didn't now which end to put the tissue up to cover it happened so quick.  It was more obvious when I got changed.  I took a home test afterwards but might have confused the sequence as I think I have eggs going off somewhere I can't find since...

...Finally, my condition of hayfever seems internationally recognised!  I've aparently had co-vid since 1982!

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #622 on: August 01, 2021, 07:20:09 am »

Hi RST you make a good point about the plague,but there was an unexpected consequence from it and that was that it effectivly ended the subjugation of the population by those who had money and power.  Namely the Long lived Feudal / serf system.  With the deplorably high death rate the price of the working mans day suddenly increased and they could choose where they wanted to work or were tempted away by better offers.

I think the present time has shown how many of  our own politicians feel that the rules are for them to decide but not for them to actually obey.  I suspect it was ever thus!

I have a nephew in his mid forties who is a lovely guy but is adamant that the Covid pandemic is a government conspiracy.  Both his father and I have tried to get him to see sense but.......   Everyone else in my family and friends have had the jabs and my grandaughter is now one of those wielding the needles.   Much of it is appreciating and listening to the logic and accepting it.

I also like the progrmme More or Less, and Tim Harford always gives a well presented programme.  However when we had the terrible double act of Boris and Dominic and the Battlebus boldly advertising a half truth many people believed it.  Those that did were not from the same group that would listen to Tim Harford getting to the bottom of the claims etc on a daily basis at the time and showing where the errors were.  However Tim was talking to those already convinced and naturally suspicious of such outrageous claims and not the unbelievers.

So unfortunately RST those that believe the foolish conspiracies are not the ones who listen to the other side with rational arguments that illustrate the whole truth.  As  a Nation we do have our own views on what should be happening but also do accept election results.  I voted to remain in the EU but if we had done so would we have been allowed the initiative to invest in the vaccines that we now have?
regards
Roy

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #623 on: August 01, 2021, 08:02:44 am »

You can look much more recently than the plague. In 1918 - 1919  the Spanish flu killed around 50 million worldwide. Add that to WW1 dead at around 20 million. Both killed mainly young adults.

That sort of tragedy is what we have been trying to avoid with Covid.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #624 on: August 01, 2021, 08:27:09 am »

Also the so called 'Spanish Flu' came from Middle America with the troups going into Europe.

In those days and even my younger days anything strange would get a name like Spanish or Chinese appended to it.  Anyone remember Chinese gooseberries?  Now known as Kiwi fruit.

Although it seemed like a conspiracy theory at the time, it is looking more and more likely that the Covid strain came out of a laboratory in Wuhan.  One argument is that the live animal markets allegedly banned now, had been in existence for many years and this virus should have appeared many years ago.

One thing is certain the Chinese will never admit it was all their fault.  I met a Chinese doctor in January 2020 who was also an Imunologist working in Hong Kong and the main land who told me about a cover up that he had witnessed.  At the end of a SARs epidemic a few years previously the labs had suddenly been descended on by government officials and all information destroyed.
This is first hand information not hearsay, I can get back to the doctor who told me via his sister who is also a doctor.
Regards
Roy

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.