Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 72557 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2021, 07:41:59 pm »

Interesting the silence regarding the second jab seeing as they should be starting those in 3 weeks. It never crops up in any discussions I've heard.

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2021, 07:46:26 pm »

Interesting the silence regarding the second jab seeing as they should be starting those in 3 weeks. It never crops up in any discussions I've heard.

The paperwork that you get given when you have the AstraZeneca jab, from the manufacturers says the second dose should be received between 4 weeks to 12 weeks ideally.

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2021, 07:49:05 pm »

What do you want hear? Everyone I know who has had their first jab has been given a date for the second. There are numbers available showing how many have had both jabs. The data is here.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2021, 08:03:25 pm »

Mrs B and I didn't! We will be contacted in due course. I'm OK with that.

Colin

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2021, 08:15:16 pm »

What do you want hear? Everyone I know who has had their first jab has been given a date for the second. There are numbers available showing how many have had both jabs. The data is here.

A date means squat  the letter that came out first said all those with a second date  after Jan4  will now be 12 weeks or more.Don't  forget some of us were done last year'

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2021, 08:37:46 pm »

A date means squat  the letter that came out first said all those with a second date  after Jan4  will now be 12 weeks or more.Don't  forget some of us were done last year'
Sorry, still not getting this. What do you want to hear in all these conversations?

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2021, 11:41:05 pm »

No Actual date was given to me, just I will be contacted.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2021, 11:51:37 pm »

I have put 12 weeks on the calendar. If I don't hear by then I will be contacting them. I expect that I will hear unless government policy changes.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2021, 10:00:30 am »

No Actual date was given to me, just I will be contacted.
When I booked on line, I was sent a confirmation giving the original appointment and a time, date and reference number for the second.
Different areas might work differently.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2021, 10:20:54 am »

Just FYI I used the 119 number from my mobile to book appointments for my mother and her dependant man friend.

They took all their details and from the post code given they offered Elland Road FC (newly opened) as the place to go. By the end of the call I had received 2 text messages for each with both of their appointments 5 mins apart for the first jab and their second appointments the same on April 28th.
I was allowed to accompany them through the process and both were given the Astra and a card each with the batch number on.
I followed them up on the next day and neither had experienced any discomfort or side effects.

This was on the 8th Feb.

At 63 I have not been invited yet.

EDIT the one thing that was missed by the guy on the phone was to say that I.D. other than the reference numbers would be required at the appointment.

ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2021, 10:35:51 am »

If you want confirmation as to what NUMBERS of people have received the Jab, look on Sky news freeview 233, in the top left hand corner, they scroll through the total number of cases vaccinated, then the number of those having a first jab, and then the percentage, followed by those having a second jab and then by the percentage.  O0
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2021, 11:36:10 am »

And   over half of those second doses would have been  for those jabbed up to the 14th Dec which took till Jan 4 which also begs the question why are some getting  one in the GAP period.Dec 4 The 12 week gap then came into play  which would mean the first of the 2nd jabs would be March 9 for those done on the 15th Dec.The units ie medical centres etc.,that started at the beginning Dec 8 are the ones withe  huge backlog. The Super Vac stations started with a clean slate so  easy to give second dates.My original Beef was nothing is mentioned about the second dose or when or how they are going to catch up.I am in the 80+ group with underlying conditions but  not particularly worried but  I know a lot in the group who are.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2021, 01:53:37 pm »

As the 2nd dose is supposed to be the same vaccine as the first (at the moment anyway) they will need to know which vaccine a centre will get on a particular day before they can book appointments. I doubt that they can confirm that for dates in and beyond March at this time. My 1st appointment came with 24hrs notice and I expect the same for the second dose.

The other problem that I can see is that from March they will have to give (under current rules) around 350,000 second doses a day. That is going to knock a big hole in the number of first doses that they can give unless the supply situation improves very quickly.

The letter that you get which tells you that they will book both appointments at the same time doesn't help. That is not what is happening here.

Vintage

• Full Mayhemer
    • Artisan Works
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »

Personal experience is that we booked online on Friday, attended the appointment yesterday afternoon (Saturday) and, when leaving, were given a card with our next appointment already booked for exactly 12 weeks time (to the minute).

We were given the Pfizer vaccine and have, as yet, had no ill effects.

All those involved at the centre (Hereford County Hospital) could not have been more helpful and we were both struck by how well the whole process was orchestrated  :-))

Very impressed.

Mark
Reproduction wooden stands for the full range of vintage Star Yacht models are available from Vintage Pond Yachts

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2021, 12:37:50 pm »

Well had mine last night - no physical letter, just a text message from the practice with a location and where to book it online, picked 6pm and attended, no waiting after having the Oxford AZ, card gives the date, type as AZ and batch number, more than likely in 12 weeks will receive a text to attend the same location at the same time.

Side effects were discussed and the most common is the sore arm - duh - you just stabbed me and injected 5-10 ml of liquid into muscle tissue, of course it's gonna hurt for a while.

The father inlaw and his male counterpart with his wifes sister have had no effects other than above, but the wifes mother and her sister had a dose of bad cold type symptoms, so I expect coming from that gene pool the wife will have a similar reaction (she turns 50 next week and apart from me winding her up  :} [size=78%] will probably get the jab under group 8/9). [/size]

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2021, 12:46:08 pm »

Local doctors phoned yesterday to offer us jabs next Wednesday but they are currently giving Tizer  {-)  I want Oxford so we are on the list for their next batch.
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2021, 12:14:51 pm »

We are getting our jabs 5th March  O0
ANDY

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2021, 12:54:00 pm »

Oh and today received a physical letter to compliment the email sent last week that I am classed as clinically venerable and have been added to the shielding list - doh, when I told the wifey last week - she said it's the clinically insane list you need to go on  >>:-( .

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #318 on: February 23, 2021, 01:36:59 pm »

Ive been told I'm close to being clinically obtuse.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #319 on: February 23, 2021, 11:07:03 pm »

Im on the Endangered Species List
Had a nasty headache and it wasna the malt
cheers

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2021, 11:44:21 pm »

Aye jist NBA

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2021, 12:39:52 pm »

Just got my invite for my second jab  10th March same time, same place. same poison as before.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #322 on: March 01, 2021, 01:46:39 pm »

How near is your second jab to the 12 weeks?

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #323 on: March 01, 2021, 03:13:05 pm »

Hi Tug 6 Days early  ie My 21 day was (postponed)due Jan 12  so  84 would have been about March 16 Local health centre. At the MO only 796,196 2nd jabs nationwide half those done before Jan4 Nearly a 20 Million  backlog don't envy the medics

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2021, 07:58:29 pm »

Mine this Friday first was 21st December and I am a care worker

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.