Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stations plan for Colony(Fiji) class cruiser  (Read 1641 times)

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Stations plan for Colony(Fiji) class cruiser
« on: June 18, 2021, 01:44:45 am »

As the heading says, I am looking for any and all available plans for a Colony class cruiser, but even more specifically a stations plans.Thank you in advance.Jonathan

usscentaur

• Shipmate
Re: Stations plan for Colony(Fiji) class cruiser
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 09:24:42 pm »

Akira,

There are 2 books out there HMS Swiftsure and HMNZS Gambia from Profile Morskie, text is Polish I believe but they will have plan and profile drawings as well as some fittings.  I know Swiftsure is a foot wider than the Colony class cruisers.  there are just plans available for Bermuda, Trinidad and Swiftsure.  There may be issues with accuracy of the upper works and details but the hull lines should work.  I am planning a build of HMCS Uganda (Quebec) and HMCS Ontario (ex HMS Minotaur) I have some old 1/144 warship combat plans (30+ years ago) for the Uganda but they are hand drawn and I know there are errors between profile and plan views so was looking at the Profile Morskie books/plans myself. 

Hope that helps some.

James

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 09:44:10 pm »

Hi Akira,

I built a few years ago HMS Mauritius at a 1/128 scale based on Fleetscale hull. But I must say it was the most painful build I’ve ever done. This was due to I could not find a decent plan or any close up detail photos of the actual ship. What I could find was condictory to the plan  which was from Sambrook. I did try the Imperial war museum, but they required £700 pound for the drawings.

Regards David

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 01:13:15 pm »

James and Dave, Thank you for your responses. I am continuing to muddle along on my quest. I have noted that the Colony's were derivatives of the Southhamptons with dimension largely the same except for length and the transom stern. I am not too worried about the accuracy of the deck plans because i am considering a version that was never built, K25G which mounted an enhanced Did armament.

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 01:40:45 pm »

Hi Akira,

I built a few years ago HMS Mauritius at a 1/128 scale based on Fleetscale hull. But I must say it was the most painful build I’ve ever done. This was due to I could not find a decent plan or any close up detail photos of the actual ship. What I could find was condictory to the plan  which was from Sambrook. I did try the Imperial war museum, but they required £700 pound for the drawings.

£700, that must have been the full set and not one of them would have been scanned, hence the cost.  Just picked up HMS Victorious for £50 which is the current rate, high price might have been that you had them print them for oyu, which does push price well up.  Having sadi that i find only one or two, of them  Still cheaper than Jecobing though {-)

Bob
I will finish this model

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 01:42:17 pm »

Rob47, PM sent.Tank youAkira

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 04:13:26 pm »

Greenwich have the G/A plan for Fiji for £74.00 (See attached) The chances are, therefore, that they'll have the station plans.

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 10:05:05 pm »

Rob47, PM sent.Tank youAkira
Not got your Pm

I will finish this model

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 11:57:20 pm »

Hi Rob, Sorry , but I sent it as an e-mail. No worries. I was wondering if you could give me a little more information about how to obtain the plans. I have searched the IWM site, but found little, if any, to indicate where or how to obtain, none the less a listing of available plans. I do not expect to be flying across the pond for these, so all and any help is greatly appreciated.Jonathan

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 09:37:20 am »

They will  be in here somewhere. If not e-mail them. https://prints.rmg.co.uk/collections/ship-plans
As far as I'm aware, all the plans from the IWM were transferred to Greenwich National Maritime Museum (rmg)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 09:54:53 am »

Hi Rob, Sorry , but I sent it as an e-mail. No worries. I was wondering if you could give me a little more information about how to obtain the plans. I have searched the IWM site, but found little, if any, to indicate where or how to obtain, none the less a listing of available plans. I do not expect to be flying across the pond for these, so all and any help is greatly appreciated.Jonathan
PM me the mail you used that might be the issues.  meanwhile try this lady, she is brilliant. FGallo@rmg.co.uk.  For example, Victoroios side view (rig plan, costs £50 as I am printing it, all plans unless stated are at 1/96.  If you let them print it then same plan becomes £164.  If the plan you want has not been digitised then you will pay for that as well.  Overall I find them very helpful and lving this side of the pnd can visit the old brass foundry which is where the ppans are and not greenwich.  They are pricy and a full set will be eye watering, BUT I think you only need what you want.  I bought this one of victorious as it has all the measuring points I need, I think its horse for courses.

One you choose you plan they will send you an order form, you complete that and depending if you are going digital or paper, you will receive said plan, then an invoice.
If I can help any more please let me know.  BTW all the ppans are at NMM and not IWM

Bob

I will finish this model

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 12:37:43 pm »

Bob, Many, Many Thanks. I will get to work.Jonathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.