Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dutch living in Spain  (Read 1864 times)

Ruud109

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Dutch living in Spain
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:55:10 pm »

Hello!

Thank you for having me here! My name is Ruud, I am Dutch and living close to Barcelona, Spain. Actually I live really close to where OcCre is located!

I have been doing plastic kit modeling most of my life, and the last couple of years been doing mostly RC cars and trucks. Building RC ships and static model ships has always been a huge draw for me, ever since I lay my eyes on a Billing Boats catalogue about 20 years ago. But never started as it always seems so daunting. I would absolutely love to own/build a Banckert, Smit Nederland or Boulogne Etapes.

So I am here for now, looking around in awe of some of the builds here. Trying to learn, absorb and zoom in on what would be a good kit for me to start with. It has to be a working boat: a tug, or a fishing boat. In the meantime I am waiting for a fairly simple static wooden kit to arrive, to get my feet a bit wet at least. Not RC, but that will come.

Also, odd chance, but if someone is near by or at least in Catalunya, please let me know. I have been looking and asking but haven't found a model boat club, or even a water where people meet and run their boats. Will keep on looking.

Ruud 

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Dutch living in Spain
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 08:51:39 pm »

Hi Ruud and welcome to the forum  :-))   I'm sure that you will gets loads of help on here.  The Boulogne Etapes is a great boat to build both Taranis and Stan have built one on here and I'm sure that you will from them soon.

Ruud109

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 09:13:02 pm »

Thanks Mark, I have seen the build from Taranis (and his other builds) - quite amazing!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 06:57:09 pm »

Hi Ruud  this is one of my fishing boats very easy to build. Taranis has a full build log on mayhem.

Stan.

Link to build.https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62915.msg700260.html#msg700260
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.