The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

Building Annie 2

<< < (2/30) > >>

Tug Fanatic:
Peter

You seem to have your photo problem well under control and the new larger size photos are much easier to look at on my screen. This is going to be a lovely model.

What is the white product that have you faired the joints with? If it is epoxy + ??

How much epoxy do you reckon that you will need to build the model? I can imagine that it is quite a lot!

peterpan:
 Hi Paul. I got the PDF plans.
Did have bit of a problem getting them printed because of the size. In the end had to go to printer that printed shop signs. Bit expensive but was printed on a thicker material which made great templets
Cheers Peter

peterpan:
 Hi Tug
Yes, the whole saga of the photos was well worth the effort. Thanks again.
The filer is two pot epoxy and you have spotted something that took me a bit by surprise. I have used International Watertight Epoxy Filler because I know the products from the marine world It is the best but expensive. Initially bought the smallest 125ml pack and this has done what you see in the photos plus a bit left but went a bit over the top to ensure the thick ply panel joints were strong as there will be twist pressure on the hull when sailing. I will have to get more particularly for the rudder construction so will be checking what is best when I get to it.
 Cheers peter

peterpan:
5 coats of penertrating epoxy sealer to the hull. Pic 11 and 12

peterpan:
 At this stage I decided I would have a look at setting up the RC. 
I decided I would initially build the forward pully assembly and the sail winch housing using scrap materials and once I had the system installed and working would rebuild them when it comes to the final installation with fairleads through deck sheets etc. Pic 13/14/15
I bought the recommended sail winch HiTec HS-785HB from HobbyKing. I already use a Flysky radio transmitter for my racing yachts 6 channels basically designed for helicopter flying but extremely good value . I only use 2 of the 6 channels but I can add up to twenty boats and most important I can adjust the sail winch travel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version